Is there some specific project implementation which requires the use of MS-SQL
server or Oracle?  More importantly, is the additional cost per processor
reflective of its increased flexibility and power vs. something like MySQL or
PostgreSQL?  Just watching the debate of over $900-$2000 per cpu licensee is
quite expensive.  If someone has the technical skills to develop the app, why
not use something more cost effective?

Jason