FYI - the licensing cost on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (per processor) is
about $2k.  This includes "anonymous" internet connectivity (which they used
to do separately through another license called an "Internet Connector").
We're currently using an IIS5/SQL7 combination (because the 2K per-processor
license is downgradable to SQL7) to run our web-enabled directory database:

http://extranet.pa.msu.edu/directory/

And a number of other internal-only use projects (like a version of that
same directory which allows viewing more information - home contact and
such).

     Rob Neary
     Desktop Support Coordinator & Windows Administration, MCSE
     Department of Physics and Astronomy
     125 Physics/Astronomy Building