On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:59:02AM -0500, Vivek Joshi wrote:

   Hello All,
       I needed to use Oracle Db for Windows 2000 for a Project on Campus and
   was wondering if any-one else was using it, and could give me some
   information on the licensing procedures and the cost involved with it
   Thanks,
   Vivek

My EDU contact for Oracle is John Luciano, 650-506-3989.

Last I checked we were getting 20% off list prices.  Oracle can be
purchased on a per user or per CPU license.  Note: with per user
licenses you have to be able to identify _each_ user who would access
information from the server, not actually accounts in the database
server... obviously near impossible with web projects if that is your
case.

Oracle is very expensive if you have to go with a CPU license...

Dennis Kelly
Network Administrator
College of Engineering
Michigan State University