Are there any IEAK gurus available for a setup needed very quickly?
We are trying to setup public use machines for the new library in Fred
(BioPhysical Sciences building) and running into more trouble then we have
time to deal with.
Netscape 4.75 was our choice for data access, but some of the publishers
will no longer support it. We don't want all the excess AOL baggage in
higher versions.

For various reasons we've decided to go with IE 5.5 sp2 and need to lock
down quite a bit. Time is the problem. We don't have time to learn all the
features to do the job properly and provide a good user experience.
Basically we need to lock IE in kiosk mode (Win2K), starting at the Library
home page, and offer buttons to get to Pilot, Twig, Magic and to print from
Magic, but not the mail readers. The machine needs to log itself back in
when rebooted or shut down, and not offer options to get into safe mode.
I've been played with IEAK in the pase, but there are a LOT of options in
the newer versions. Some of which conflict with earlier settings. I think it
is faster to beg for help.

                        HELP

We'll provide the coffee, tea, or cola and find you some snacks.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Michigan State University Libraries
100 Library