At 12/17/2001, Bryan Murphy wrote:
 >We are trying to create a pristine build to deploy out to our users and cant
 >find a way to completely rid ourselves of the plague that is outlook
 >express.
 >
 >Its not listed on add remove programs and when you manually delete the
 >directory it RECREATES IT!
 >
 >Anyone have neat registry hack or a trick on getting rid of this problem?

microsoft doesn't make it easy. check out the following kb article:

How to Manually Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Express in Windows 2000
(Q263837)

you also have to be careful because other ms products/patches/upgrades
will go ahead and reinstall outlook without telling you.

good luck,
amaresh
---
Amaresh R. Joshi                | Systems Programmer
http://www.msu.edu/user/joshia/ | College of Osteopathic Medicine
(517)432-0496                   | Michigan State University