At 09:34 AM 12/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>The problem with this is that Trojans and virii will still
>use it to propagate even if it isn't the default mail client.

If you don't have OE configured for an email account, and there is no
address book set up, how can anything use it to propagate?  We use Eudora,
but leave OE on the computers.  Although several Eudora users have managed
to infect their computers with Outlook-targeted viruses (by opening
attachments) over the last few years, we have never seen them spread beyond
the infected computer, because there was no address book to use.

Chris Wolf           Computer Service Manager
[log in to unmask]          Agricultural Economics
517 353-5017        Michigan State University

"Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house."
     --Fran Lebowitz