I've seen this effect with wscript.exe, the virus called visual
basic scripting.  Rename wscript.exe, and another copy is
soon magically and evilly in place.

To fix that, I did a    dir /s wscript.exe   and found another copy
of it, hiding in some dir in winnt (I think).  Once I zapped that copy,
wscript lost it's fungus like properties.

I suspect LookOut--I mean Outlook is doing the same thing.

Congratulations on not foisting this part of the MS Viral Transport
System on your people...

--STeve Andre' (Political Science)