To all interested parties:

The MSU Computer Laboratory is testing a new service for dial-up access.
Assuming the tests are successful, we anticipate upgrading a portion of
our existing dial-up service to the new service over the next few months.

We would appreciate it if you would try these numbers and see if there
are any problems.  The service should be the same as what you get when
you dial (517) 432-7200.

The new dial-up service has the advantage of allowing MSU to provide local
dial-up access numbers in various locations, all of which connect back to
East Lansing with no long distance charges.  Also, by connecting back to
East Lansing, you will generally avoid the need for a dial-up usage "token",
which is often required for the existing non-Lansing numbers.

The numbers to call, by exchange:

   Greater Lansing area    999-2678    (999-2MSU)
   Jackson                 998-2678    (998-2MSU)
   Portland                994-2678    (994-2MSU)
   Charlotte               997-2678    (997-2MSU)
   Albion                  961-2678    (961-2MSU)
   Nashville               760-2678    (760-2MSU)

Please let us know your experience -- especially using the non-Lansing
numbers.  Please send the reports to "[log in to unmask]".

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory
Michigan State University