 When you find out what it is, please send it to all of us.  Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard M Hoxsey
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 11/1/01 3:11 PM
Subject: nimda-e worm

Very frustrating. bard.cal.msu.edu is my box. It was hit by nimda in
september.
It was formatted and reloaded from a sept 8 backup, fully patched
according to
microsoft downloads and yet it has been exploited again. I am obviously
missing
something but I don't know what. I had noticed unusual activity and had
the box
off the wire before Gene's email went out. I was probed by
210.178.12.111 and
35.8.195.55 but my log shows 404's so I don't know how the heck they got
in.
Any help in buttoning this up would be much appreciated.

Michael Hoxsey
Network Admin
Arts and Letters