From: Peter Chin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 3:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: nimda-e worm

Before you try scrubbing your server again I would recommend throughly
checking your workstations.

Nimda is not a server-only worm like some of it's predecessors, which took
advantage of the same IIS vulnerabilities.  There is a potent workstation
component that spreads via email, network shares and infected web sites.

If you have an infected desktop that accesses your server it could be
dropping and/or modifying files on your server.

here Network associates blurb on it:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99209

Peter Chin
Network Administrator