I'm the webmaster of the Office of Financial Aid(OFA).  Rich Wiggins pointed me to a nifty search engine called FreeFind.  It works great to search only our domain, and it IS free, except that it contains banner ads.  The ads can be removed at a cost of $108/year.

My question is - is there a similar FREE product that is ad-free?  And/or does MSU have a site-license to a search that will limit itself just to a domain like ours (www.finaid.msu.edu).  << You can try FreeFind here.

If your answer is Google, it doesn't work for OFA.  Rich and I have both investigated, and there is an unknown problem that prevents Google from finding us.  So we have to find something else, or pay to remove the ads from FreeFind.

More ..  you can go to Google, and type in "Michigan State University Office of Financial Aid" and you'll get two old pages that just link to our new site.  We want Google to point to finaid.  By contrast, you can type in "Michigan State University College of whatever' and you'll be taken to the appropriate site.

Thanks.