> Since Tuesday afternoon we have been unable to access AFS space via Windows
> networking. The error message varies depending on whether the client is
> Windows 2000 or Windows 98, but it fails in either case.  We have verified
> this on at least four computers, using three different Pilot accounts.  FTP
> access still works.  Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone
> know why?

It appears that WINS lost the entry for AFS.  However, you should still get
to AFS if you have "msu.edu" in your domain search path.  I have tested from
both Win95 and Win98, and can connect to AFS without a problem.

I'll make sure we check into the WINS issue, but that shouldn't be a
requirement for connecting.

Doug Nelson                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                 Ph: (517) 353-2980
Computer Laboratory
Michigan State University