I'm sure my users would be happy to opt in.  They feel very strongly about
it.  We don't run our own mail server so we are dependent on pilot.

At 01:47 PM 10/31/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Second that - the current higher-up's interpretation of the AUP would
>require *ALL* users that want A/V scanning to opt-in (which is what is being
>discussed in NCC - buying software and making it an opt-in under the Pilot
>options).  I guess what really needs to be discussed with the AUP policy
>makers is what the DEFAULT OPT would be - in or out...
>
>But doing this at your department level, and getting users to physically
>sign-off on it, is probably do-able for most departments.  We're drafting a
>new user sign up sheet that would include this...
>
>     Rob Neary
>     Desktop Support Coordinator & Windows Administration, MCSE
>     Department of Physics and Astronomy
>     125 Physics/Astronomy Building

Cheryl

Cheryl Akers, MS, CNA - [log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Support - Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
153 Giltner
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824

517-355-8406