From: Cheryl Akers, Microcomputer Support - Microbiology
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pilot- Why not have it auto-scan attachments for virus's

Hi Mike,
Maybe you've missed the recent discussion in this group.  It seems that
there is some concern that it might violate the acceptable use policy on
campus.  Several of us polled our users (I got 26 positive responses for
scanning and NO negative responses) and didn't find that they had any
concern about their privacy being violated.  I think it is still under
discussion at campus networking.

At 10:34 AM 10/31/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>     I have set up Norton Corporate edition here in my department and it
>catches literally hundreds of virus's from email attachments a day, and
>this is  a small department (Parks, Recreation and Tourism Recourses).
>Just thought I would pose the  question.   mike
Cheryl

Cheryl Akers, MS, CNA - [log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Support - Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
153 Giltner
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824

517-355-8406