The rule of thumb for disaster recovery planning is to have your off-site
tape backups or off-site backup servers at least one half mile away from
the main operating site.  It is interesting to note that this rule of thumb
failed for some companies in New York city last month.  It was the companies
that had backup sites outside of the city that had a relatively smooth
fail over.

--
Joe Budzyn                               [log in to unmask]
301 Computer Center                      Ph: (517) 355-4500 x162