hi,

I finally figured out how to replicate Active Directory from one server to
another, but in the process broke my Exchange server.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run Exchange and Active Directory on
the same server?  I found a KB article that says it won't run on a domain
controller or a global catalog server, but I'm not sure if that is the same
thing as AD.

Then, my other problem is that the Exchange service account was moved out
of the local server accounts and into AD. In the process, the account lost
the rights/privileges for "logon locally", "act as a service" and
"read/write any file/directory".  Any idea on how to set those items?   The
help files say to use group policy, but I've been looking at that for hours
with no solution.

Thanks again!
-jav

* John Valenti Systems Analyst, Labor & Industrial Relations *
* 408 S Kedzie Hall, Michigan State University, E. Lansing, MI 48824 *
* (517) 353-1807 fax (517) 355-7656 [log in to unmask] *