I've been having more trouble than usual with users and bad print jobs lately, and it occurred to me there might be a software solution out there someone knows about...

Does anyone have intelligent print queuing setup (LPR/LPD is fine) where the queue system knows that a job has "crashed" the printer more than once and shelves the job or just deletes it and sends an email to someone?

The majority of these problems are caused by inexperience UNIX users, sending BIN to the printer, or just sending some massive ugly PS code that that particular printer can't handle...

   thanks,

        Rob Neary
        Desktop Support Coordinator & Windows Administration, MCSE
        Michigan State University

        Department of Physics and Astronomy

        Email: [log in to unmask]