Interestingly I've found their engine:

http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_techn.html

Works pretty well.  I know of at least one site that had unpatched IIS that
had the Nimda worm blocked (in it's Email-attachment form) by AVG before any
updates really hit...

But I'll agree that you generally do get what you pay for...  I run Computer
Associates InoculateIT product, and although the do come out with frequent
updates, it still wasn't aware of Nimda for almost a day.

        Rob Neary
        Desktop Support Coordinator & Windows Administration, MCSE
        Department of Physics and Astronomy
        125 Physics/Astronomy Building