hi Chris,

It's been a few weeks since I used AFS, but it worked then.

I just tried "net use p: \\afs\valenti" and it gives "System error 53,
network path not found"
I think that is the syntax that worked before.
I also tried using \\afs.msu.edu\valenti, after seeing Doug's message, same
error message.
A ping to AFS does work.

I'm on Win2000 in S Kedzie, with the plain text password patch.
-jav

At 09:59 AM 10/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>This is turning into a serious problem for us.  We've verified the problem
>on two more computers, and another Pilot ID.  The symptom is nearly
>identical to what happens if you haven't applied the plain-text-password
>patch, but we've done that on all our computers.  On three of these
>machines we know that the AFS mapping worked yesterday morning, and started
>failing in the late afternoon.  I re-applied the plain-text-password patch
>on mine just in case, but it made no difference. Isn't there anyone else
>who is having this problem?  We are in Ag Hall, in case that has anything
>to do with it.
>
>At 08:37 AM 10/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>Since Tuesday afternoon we have been unable to access AFS space via Windows
>>networking. The error message varies depending on whether the client is
>>Windows 2000 or Windows 98, but it fails in either case.  We have verified
>>this on at least four computers, using three different Pilot accounts.  FTP
>>access still works.  Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone
>>know why?
>>
>>--Chris
>>==============================================
>>Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
>>Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
>>Michigan State University     517 353-5017
>

>--Chris
>Chris Wolf                    Computer Service Manager
>Agricultural Economics        [log in to unmask]
>Michigan State University     517 353-5017

* John Valenti Systems Analyst, Labor & Industrial Relations *
* 408 S Kedzie Hall, Michigan State University, E. Lansing, MI 48824 *
* (517) 353-1807 fax (517) 355-7656 [log in to unmask] *