Call for Papers
Workshop on Strategy and Structure of Business Groups
20-21 June 2022
Submission Deadline: Monday 28 March 2022
Business groups are nowadays ubiquitous and one of the most common organisation forms. This workshop looks at their strategies to organise their activities internally and across geographic locations and the related implications. Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The relationship between the organisational and geographic structure of business groups, and their impact on productivity and innovation;
- Managerial practices in business groups
- Occupational structure, work schedules and tasks’ allocation in business groups and implications for workers’ productivity and inequality
The workshop will take place at Bocconi University in Milan on June 20th-21th 2022.
Organisers: Luisa Gagliardi (Bocconi University), Jérémy Laurent Lucchetti (GSEM, University of Geneva), Frédéric Robert-Nicoud (GSEM, University of Geneva and CEPR), Grigorios Spanos (GSEM, University of Geneva)
Invited Speakers: Sharon Belenzon (Duke University), Maria Guadalupe (INSEAD and CEPR), Diego Puga (CEMFI and CEPR)
Paper submissions: Submissions of both empirical and theoretical research are welcome. To be considered for inclusion in the program, papers must be submitted by March 28th.
Authors who are CEPR affiliated or already have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Going to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1548/info and log in to the CEPR portal
2) If you are a member of the ITRE/OE programme areas click on "Change registration details", complete the requested information and click "Submit information"
3) If you are affiliated to another programme area or not CEPR affiliated but have a CEPR profile, click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
Authors who do not have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Creating a new profile here https://portal.cepr.org/user/register
2) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1548/info and log in to the CEPR portal
3) Click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
If you have any difficulties registering for this meeting, please contact Mandy Chan, Senior Events Officer at [log in to unmask]
Please do not submit papers that have been accepted for publication or are currently under revision. Selected contributions will be notified by April 19th
Discussant expression of interest: We welcome expression of interest to be involved as a discussant. Please apply using the above submission link by March 28th.
The organisers will cover all presenters and invited discussants' accommodation and travel expenses.
AIB-L is brought to you by the Academy of International Business.
For information: http://aib.msu.edu/community/aib-l.asp
To post message: [log in to unmask]
For assistance: [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.