April Newsletter #3

April 15th - April 19th, 2024

Welcome Kyle Welch to Grad Brunch
Saturday, April 27

We are pleased to announce that class of 2009 MSU HB alumni Kyle Welch will be speaking at the 2024 Graduation Brunch! Kyle is the CEO of Chicago Scoops, the largest Cold Stone Creamery franchise group, and the recipient of the 2017 Spartan Innovator Award and MSU's Young Alumni Grand Award. Kyle has also been awarded as a Crain's Chicago 40 Under 40 recipient for his masterful work in the industry. We look forward to welcoming Kyle at our brunch and kicking off your post-grad chapter!

Find a mentor through our Spartan Sponsor program

Apply now to be matched with a mentor for the fall semester!

We Will Miss You!

Thank you to our seniors! We appreciate all your hard work.

Best of luck in the next chapter!

Job Alert Bulletin (JAB)

Employer: Henderson Park Inn

Location: Florida

Job/Internship: Guest Services Manager

Employer: C3 CRE

Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI

Job/Internship: Real Estate Agent

Employer: Harper Associates

Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Job/Internship: Sales Associate

Use the link below to see the full list of internship and full-time opportunities.

To Do: Before You Start Your Internship

As you accept your summer internship, remember to submit your internship application for review and approval by SIRC. This should be completed before you start so we ensure it meets internship requirements. Make sure your supervisor name/email is accurate as they will receive a final performance evaluation emailed at the end of your internship.

When you complete your internship, you will submit a self-evaluation of the internship to let us know what went well and what could be improved. Your employer will also receive a final performance evaluation via email on the end date you list on your application. This is where your employer will confirm your 400 hours worked and provide performance feedback.

Once we confirm your hours on the final evaluation, your internship is officially complete.

Remember:

Level I internship must be completed to take HB307

Level II internship must be completed to take HB489

"SIRC" The Student and Industry Resource Center

Career Services Office for The School of Hospitality Business - 4th Floor Eppley Center

[log in to unmask]   517-353-9747

created in Publicate

Troy Walker
Director

Student and Industry Resource Center “SIRC”
The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business
SIRC Phone: 517-353-9747

Email: [log in to unmask]