From: Perry, Elizabeth
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2024 6:53 PM
To: Stebleton, Jeane <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>; Eustice, Crystal <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Paid summer fieldwork opportunities with the Park Connections Lab!

Hello!

For those that don’t know me, I’m Dr. Bess Perry, faculty in the Department of Community Sustainability. I teach courses in CSUS and direct a program of research in the Park Connections Lab<https://www.instagram.com/parkconnectionslabmsu/>, related to sustainable and relevant protected areas and outdoor recreation management. This research is “applied,” which means we work directly with park, recreation, and stewardship agencies to address their needs through our science.

This summer, we have opportunities for fieldwork related to two projects in the lab. Both are 12-15 weeks and full-time, $14/hour, working with MSU colleagues and agency personnel. Based on performance and project status, there are opportunities to continue with these projects and others in the lab as an undergraduate research assistant during the next academic year. I invite you to check out each on the flyers attached and apply by March 1 if interested!

  1.  Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore visitor use study
  2.  MDNR-Wildlife Division public use study

Please see the attached for further information and contact me with any questions or expressions of interest.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Bess

Elizabeth E. Perry, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Professor, Protected Areas & Natural Resources Recreation Management
Director, Park Connections Lab
 [cid:[log in to unmask]]
Department of Community Sustainability<http://csus.msu.edu/>
College of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Michigan State University

Contact: 541-224-7639 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Faculty website<https://www.canr.msu.edu/people/bess-perry>
Natural Resources Building Room 318

We collectively acknowledge that Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The University resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw. (MSU Land Acknowledgement<http://aisp.msu.edu/about/land/>)