Greeting Colleagues:

Some of you may remember our AIB colleague, Rafel Lucea. He was a faculty member at George Washington University School of Business and a co-author and friend of mine. Among his many contributions to GW, he helped to develop, lead, and expand the Global MBA Consulting Abroad Program (CAP). This program provides students with rich, immersive, and transformative experiences working with multinational companies or organizations outside of the United States. Sadly, Rafel was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2013 and passed away in 2015. A few years later, GW established a fund in his name that provides scholarships to students participating in the CAP and other experiential initiatives. Since then, I, along with Rafel’s family, GW faculty, staff, alumni, and friends have been contributing annually to that fund. To establish a permanent and sustainable source of funds for the CAP and other experiential international programs, GW approached Marguerite Baty Lucea (Rafel's wife) and me to champion a crowdfunding initiative to reach the $100,000 threshold necessary for an endowed fund. I am writing to those of you who knew Rafel to ask that you consider contributing to this fund (link below).

Lucea Global & Experiential Education Program

Thanks in Advance for your consideration,

Jonathan

[log in to unmask]&xsl=bio_long">Jonathan P. Doh, Ph.D.

Senior Associate Dean for Research, Faculty Advancement, and Global Engagement

Co-Faculty Director, Moran Center for Global Leadership (on leave)

Rammrath Chair in International Business

Professor of Management and Operations

Villanova School of Business

Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085

610-519-7798 (w) 484-434-7161 (c) [log in to unmask]

---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.