Begin forwarded message:
From: "Klotz, Misty" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [NEWS-L] Kellogg Bird Sanctuary hiring PTOC Environmental Educator
Date: December 13, 2023 at 3:32:08 PM EST
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

We are currently seeking an Environmental Educator to join our team at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Hickory Corners, Michigan. As an instructor, your primary responsibility will be to lead field trips and outreach programs, engaging students in hands-on, place-based learning experiences.
If you're interested in this opportunity, you can find the full job description under the Clerical Aide section on MSU Careers Details. Applications for this role will close on January 1, 2024.
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a field related to the natural sciences (such as environmental studies, biology, natural resources, etc.) or education (such as science education, or teaching certificate).
• Encouraged to complete CPR and First Aid certification (employer-provided).
• Passion for environmental education, experiential learning, and connecting people with the natural world.
• Broad knowledge of current environmental issues, the natural world, and human impacts to ecosystems.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students in a group setting and adapt curricula to a variety of age levels, learning styles, abilities, and backgrounds.
• Teaching experience in formal or informal contexts (e.g. environmental education, outdoor recreation, interpretation, classroom teaching, or related field).

Our team is enthusiastic and welcoming, and you will have the opportunity to connect people with nature while learning new skills. If you have any questions about the role, please don't hesitate to ask. We encourage you to share this opportunity with anyone who may be interested.

All the best,

Misty

Misty Klotz, Education and Outreach Coordinator
Michigan State University, W.K. Kellogg Biological Station
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> Phone: 269-271-2402

Kellogg Bird Sanctuary Webcam<https://birdsanctuary.kbs.msu.edu/webcam/>: See what’s happening at the Sanctuary!

[cid:53899579-1059-492B-A83F-9C448D9DB396]