From: Neeley, Rebecca N <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 3:09 PM
Cc: Fritts, Mark W <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Seasonal Positions - USFWS La Crosse FWCO, Onalaska, WI
Good afternoon everyone,

We are currently hiring for two seasonal positions within our Onalaska WI Fish and Wildlife Service Conservation Office to start around the first of March.  These positions are 1-2 year positions with our AIS branch.  The announcement opens today and closes 12/18/2023.  The starting salary for the position is $18.06/hr.  If you have any questions or would like to know more about our office or the work, please reach out to myself or Mark Fritts our station AIS Branch Lead.  Please forward to anyone you feel might be interested.

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/764039700#<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.usajobs.gov/job/764039700*__;Iw!!HXCxUKc!23-_1Y-gfYwBUuXSAnT_WutEJaip8_afWUl5uQNYwEFJTKaIuwAwL5dCx0rHwXCz_anw1CqnwD403AO_APy518GpRgQWYrE$>
[https://www.usajobs.gov/media/content/usajobs-branded-search.png]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.usajobs.gov/job/764039700*__;Iw!!HXCxUKc!23-_1Y-gfYwBUuXSAnT_WutEJaip8_afWUl5uQNYwEFJTKaIuwAwL5dCx0rHwXCz_anw1CqnwD403AO_APy518GpRgQWYrE$>
Biological Science Techncian (Fish)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.usajobs.gov/job/764039700*__;Iw!!HXCxUKc!23-_1Y-gfYwBUuXSAnT_WutEJaip8_afWUl5uQNYwEFJTKaIuwAwL5dCx0rHwXCz_anw1CqnwD403AO_APy518GpRgQWYrE$>
www.usajobs.gov


These positions will serve on the AIS branch for the LFWCO. Activities will include efforts for management and control of invasive carps and other AIS species in the Upper Mississippi River Sub-basin. The selected candidates will work closely with state partners and other USFWS offices to implement studies for management, control and evaluation of such efforts. The candidates will strengthen their knowledge and experience with fisheries and aquatic ecological principles as well as sampling methodologies throughout the UMR.

The LFWCO is co-located with the Midwest Fisheries Center in Onalaska, WI.  Onalaska is located in western Wisconsin along the Mississippi River. Onalaska is just north of La Crosse, WI which is home to the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Viterbo University and Western Technical College.  Downtown La Crosse has numerous arts and cultural opportunities including theater, museums, symphony, and concerts. An active lifestyle is within easy reach with access to hiking, paddling and fishing biologically rich rivers and streams, to hunting public lands. Onalaska and the surrounding communities in western Wisconsin are a few short hours from larger metropolitan areas such as Minneapolis (2.5 hours), Madison (2 hours), and Chicago (4 hours). Cost of living is reasonable in Onalaska with a growing real estate market and many housing options. There is a top notch healthcare system (Mayo and Gunderson) and excellent public schools.

Have a great day!
Rebecca

Rebecca Neeley (she/her) | Project Leader | La Crosse FWCO
555 Lester Ave | Onalaska, WI  54650 | 608-780-5252