From: Latimore, Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:00 AM
To: Schneider, Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: REU: Wisconsin lake restoration
Hi Jim - interesting opportunities for undergrads interested in lake conservation:

Freshwater@UW has a catalogue of summer Research Experience for Undergraduate opportunities. UW Stevens Point and our program, Extension Lakes, is seeking applicants for a project to improve our efforts reaching out to landowners and motivating restoration around lakes.

https://water.wisc.edu/wateruw-madison-undergraduate-research/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/water.wisc.edu/wateruw-madison-undergraduate-research/__;!!HXCxUKc!3Nex3ogUA0qs_GANcI5OOsGD4xVPtA34amJHnq3qiniZFl5ejriTH_LUTwPwjg2qGvOzNaouLttZ-c7nOb2n$>

Freshwater@UW is a mentored summer research program offering a range of research opportunities. Students will review, then select their top five projects during application. This year, we will offer at least 25 funded positions. Students attending school within the UW System should list options off their home campus. Students from a university outside of the UW System may select research opportunities on any campus. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. See below for more information.

The 2024 program runs May 28 to August 3 with a culminating event at UW Madison. Participants receive a $6000 summer stipend, a $600 food allowance, travel costs to and from Madison, and paid summer housing.

The specific project I am working with is titled Analyzing Response Metrics to Improve Marketing and Outreach of Shoreland Health Actions and is on page 44 of the catalogue.

I am happy to field questions from interested students!

Eric

Eric Olson

Director, Extension Lakes

715-346-2192

http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr-ap/UWEXLakes/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.uwsp.edu/cnr-ap/UWEXLakes/__;!!HXCxUKc!3Nex3ogUA0qs_GANcI5OOsGD4xVPtA34amJHnq3qiniZFl5ejriTH_LUTwPwjg2qGvOzNaouLttZ-aBqds5o$>