From: Elizabeth Striano <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 12:27 PM
To: estriano <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Graduate Fellowship Opportunities Now Open!
Michigan Sea Grant is accepting applications for two prestigious national fellowships, managed by the National Sea Grant Program. Please help us share these opportunities with any graduate students who may be interested!

In addition, see below for application guidelines for the Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program, which provides funding for graduate students from minority/underrepresented groups.

The John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship provides a unique educational experience to students who have an interest in ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes resources and in the national policy decisions affecting those resources. The program matches graduate students with federal legislative or executive offices in Washington, D.C. where they will work on a range of policy and management projects. The Knauss Fellowship will run from February 1, 2025 through January 31, 2026. Application deadline is February 15, 2024. Learn more and apply.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.michiganseagrant.org/student-opportunities/knauss/__;!!HXCxUKc!0Z6htEZK8wpYH0XJIDxXrZYsHEaiWmjyVpo596DuKhPB790xxAq7mVXSha0yHtm-n3MqRBg8BwHnjY-DcgOt$>

National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS) Fellowships are a partnership between NOAA's National Sea Grant Program and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). These fellowships support Ph.D. students studying marine resource economics or population and ecosystem dynamics. Application deadline is January 25, 2024. Learn more and apply.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.michiganseagrant.org/student-opportunities/national-marine-fisheries-services-nmfs-fellowships/__;!!HXCxUKc!0Z6htEZK8wpYH0XJIDxXrZYsHEaiWmjyVpo596DuKhPB790xxAq7mVXSha0yHtm-n3MqRBg8BwHnjaT8DlEk$>

The Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program provides financial support for master’s and doctoral students pursuing degrees in ocean or Great Lakes-related fields, such as oceanography, marine biology, maritime archaeology, coastal engineering, social science, marine education, marine stewardship, cultural anthropology, and resource management. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. Application deadline is December 30, 2023. Learn more and apply.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/fosterscholars.noaa.gov/__;!!HXCxUKc!0Z6htEZK8wpYH0XJIDxXrZYsHEaiWmjyVpo596DuKhPB790xxAq7mVXSha0yHtm-n3MqRBg8BwHnjZEZ16Mw$>

We hope you'll be able to help us share this information as widely as possible. In addition, please be on the lookout for our Undergraduate Environmental Internship program opportunities, which will be released soon.

If this email was forwarded to you and you would like to be added to our list, please let me know!

Best,
Elizabeth