​      ​​      ​​      ​​      ​​      ​

IMPORTANT EVENTS

ATTENTION SENIORS GRADUATING IN
THE FALL AND WINTER!

WHAT: The School of Hospitality Business would like to celebrate your accomplishments with faculty, family and friends! We are having a party for you at the University Club after your graduation ceremony at 10:00 AM. We will have a brunch, cake, pictures, a guest speaker, and a gift for you! Your meal is free courtesy of the Hospitality Association. There is no limit on the number of guests you can bring, so you can have one guest or a whole table of 8 or 10. Your family would pay for their own meals. Please RSVP by Wednesday, December 6, 2023 so we can reserve your spot.

WHEN: Saturday, December 16, 2023 | 1:00 PM

WHERE: The University Club, 3435 Forrest Road, Lansing Michigan

HA Philanthropy Event

WHAT: We will be collecting new toys or cash donations for Toys or Tots. Please consider donating, as this is a great cause to get involved with!

WHEN: All toys will be collected on Friday, December 1st

WHERE: All cash donations and new toys should be dropped off at the SIRC office on the 4th floor of Eppley

Michigan Hospitality Student Summit

WHAT: This year Michigan State will be holding a Hospitality summit for a number of other Hospitality programs and colleges in the area (ex. Grand Valley, Purdue, Bowling Green). This summit will include panelists and speakers, as well as some sort of workshop for all the students that attend.
WHEN: Saturday, February 17th | 12:30pm - 5:30pm
WHERE: Minskoff Multipurpose Room

This opportunity is only open to club Presidents and Event CEOs at this time, however as we get our numbers finalized, we are hoping to have more of our HB members attend this event. Since this event will last about 5 hours, we will be providing lunch for everyone.

Sustainable Hospitality Challenge 2024

WHAT: "You are asked, as a team, to create a needed, useful, innovative, scalable hospitality product that will enhance and favor global sustainable hospitality. It needs to be an “out-of-the-box”, never-seen-before sustainable product that is ground-breaking in concept and design. It must be well-developed and feasible, solid in innovation and design, industry-specific and a true example and promoter of respect for the planet and the environment."

The final product design will be reviewed by a panel of prominent industry executives and leaders.

For more information, please contact Troy Walker [log in to unmask]

EVENT UPDATES

DESTINATION AUCTION
 Destination Auction is the premier fundraising event to support the Hospitality Association and its comprising clubs.

Friendsgiving
WHAT:  Help us solicit to companies while enjoying Jimmy Johns and snacks!
WHEN: Friday, December 1st | 10:00am - 1:00pm
WHERE: Eppley 440

CLUB UPDATES

HOSPITALITY AND LODGING CLUB

The Hospitality and Lodging Club provides a unique opportunity to experience first-hand and learn about hospitality outside of the classroom. We will focus broadly on the hospitality industry, often placing a focus on the lodging segment, its current trends, and hotels/resorts that are on the rise. Join us for meetings with industry professionals, hotel site tours, hotel hotspots, and food!

General Meeting

WHEN: Wednesday, December 6th | 5:00 PM

WHERE: BCC N102

WHAT: This is the last meeting of the semester, and we will be celebrating the amazing semester that we've had! There will be holiday sweets and cocoa and we hope to see you there :)

Please email  [log in to unmask] for more information

MEETINGS AND EVENTS CLUB

Our organization welcomes students of all majors at MSU interested in learning about the planning and managing of meetings and events. As we work alongside business professionals and are actively involved with fundraising events, we participate in various opportunities including site tours, PCMA's national conference, industry networking mixers, professional development workshops, socials and more! It is our goal to become leaders in our industry and build fellowship along the way.

Friendsgiving

WHEN: Monday, November 27th | 7:00pm

WHERE: BCC N103

SIGN-UP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cdd9KdPnRij-E47fiIQlrw5R6nJzL9fEKqlkqtmS408/viewform?edit_requested=true

ETA SIGMA DELTA

A business fraternity that recognizes outstanding academic achievement, meritorious service, and demonstrated professionalism!

Open Director of Philanthropy Position

If you would like to apply, reach out via email for the application - [log in to unmask]

SOCIETY FOR HOSPITALITY AND FOODSERVICE MANAGEMENT
SHFM is focused on the workplace and amenities in the foodservice industry. This non-profit organization provides mentorship, fellowship, and education in all aspects of the industry. It is more than just eating and site tours but making connections as well. If you join this club, you will meet great people, eat great food, and get the networking you need to jumpstart your career. Depending on how often you participate, you may just meet your future employer at one of our meetings!

General Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, November 28th | 6:30pm
WHERE: Kellogg L71
WHAT: Come watch Chef Roy cook up some amazing food and learn about his life through Hospitality

Canned Food Drive
WHAT: SHFM is collaborating with SCNO for a canned food drive during the Holiday season!
WHEN: Will be collecting cans until Tuesday, December 5th | 6:30pm
WHERE: Please bring all your cans to our Dec. 5th Movie Night (Kellogg L71)

Follow us on Instagram: @shfmmsu

SPARTAN BUSINESS GOLF CLUB
We strive to provide a wider look into the world of golf and the knowledge around it. We practice the application of golf in a professional setting. The purpose of this organization is to explore the business of golf and how to effectively use golf in business. These goals will be fulfilled through field trips to various segments of the golf industry as well as interactions with business professionals experienced in using golf in business to build relationships and rapport.

General Meeting

WHEN: Monday, December 4th | 6:30PM

WHERE: BCC Room N124

X-Golf Event

WHEN: Sunday, September 10th | 3:00pm - 5:00pm

WHERE: X-Golf

WHAT: This event is FREE for due paying members, please fill out this form if interested! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfSCBguRiQrcqwsPFzMt5rktLJZoRkIZC7kWFXRZKA1aNbHg/viewform

Stay up to date on our upcoming events and updates! Join our Group me, check us out on our website and our Instagram to be involved!

Instagram - @sbgcmsu

REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT CLUB

General Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, November 28th | 6:00pm
WHERE: M210 in Minskoff Pavilion
WHAT: Guest Speaker

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @REIC.MSU

NATIONAL SOCIETY OF MINORITIES IN HOSPITALITY

NSMH is a non-profit organization that focuses on developing and sustaining ties between hospitality professionals and minority students through professional development. This club is based on professional development and learning about cultures and diversity. NSMH is a safe space for all. You will be able to make new friends, participate in fun events, learn new skills, and grow as a person.

CLUB MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

General Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, December 5th | 6:30pm
WHERE: Minskoff Pavilion Room M200
WHAT:Kurt Kuebler - Kopplin Kuebler and Wallace

If have an questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email [log in to unmask]
Yours in Hospitality,
Tyler, Autumn, Riley, Neko, Aiden, Lily, Maya

created in Publicate

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services f​or The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170