From: Martha Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2023 11:56 AM
To: Infante, Dana <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Martha Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fw: Graduate Research Assistantship - Can You Spread the Word to Potential Candidates

Dana:

Can you post the attached opportunity for a research assistantship in Great Plains fish ecology (attached) and also distribute it to anyone who might be qualified and interested?

The research project for which we seek a graduate student immediately will finish building and testing an adaptive management framework that integrates Kansas fish monitoring data (n=8800 samples), empirical habitat data, and GIS impact data to create innovative visualizations and an interactive statistical model that identifies future stream fish data and native fish restoration needs.

The ideal candidate will value science as a way of knowing; be highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative; be driven to make an impact in resource conservation; enjoy working with data; have some knowledge of R, GIS, and statistics; have some knowledge of and an interest in ecology; and be excited about breaking new ground for data-driven conservation.

We would like to start the student in January, 2024, but can be flexible for the right student.  As noted above, having background in both ecology and quantitative skills (especially R-related) would be advantages.

Thanks,  Martha Mather, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>