From: Suski, Cory <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2023 8:04 AM
To: Suski, Cory <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Openings for 2 PhD students

Hi Everyone.  I am anticipating openings for 2 PhD students starting next fall, and I’d appreciate it if you could share this within your lab groups & networks.  One project is looking at movement and spatial ecology of fishes (mainly smallmouth bass) in the nearshore areas of Lake Michigan, and the other is related to fish passage in the Mississippi River.  Both have a mix of lab and field opportunities, along with great agency partners, and should be fun projects.  I would prefer PhD students, but could consider strong MS students.

I’ve attached a brief description of the positions, and the openings are also posted on the A&M job board at https://jobs.rwfm.tamu.edu/view-job/?id=84444<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/jobs.rwfm.tamu.edu/view-job/?id=84444__;!!HXCxUKc!xDj-8q2Cnr0Z1r4Fv3q2_xWHjIYsMh_WYBtWUGhWF5x8i8FAvmpfWafL1i7q-oynEMudIGYQ006RITLs$>.  I would prefer to bring on a student with a strong recommendation, so please encourage qualified candidates to reach out to me for more information.  It would be great if students could send me documents before November 17.

Thanks so much for the help spreading the word with these projects & take care,

Cory

CORY SUSKI
Professor

University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
1102 S Goodwin Ave
W401C Turner Hall | M/C 047
Urbana, IL 61801
217.244.2237 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
fishlab.nres.illinois.edu/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/fishlab.nres.illinois.edu/__;!!HXCxUKc!xDj-8q2Cnr0Z1r4Fv3q2_xWHjIYsMh_WYBtWUGhWF5x8i8FAvmpfWafL1i7q-oynEMudIGYQ0_XZtdeF$>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logog_165.png]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/illinois.edu/__;!!HXCxUKc!xDj-8q2Cnr0Z1r4Fv3q2_xWHjIYsMh_WYBtWUGhWF5x8i8FAvmpfWafL1i7q-oynEMudIGYQ01_grO8I$>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.