​​      ​​      ​​      ​​

IMPORTANT EVENTS

MAKING STRIDES AGAINST CANCER - PHILANTHROPY EVENT

WHAT: Making Strides Against Cancer is a 5k (1 mile is also provided) that is held every year in Lansing to raise money for those suffering from cancer.
WHEN: Saturday, October 14th | 11:00am
WHERE: Lansing (the exact location can be found by scanning the QR code above)

Click Here to Sign Up!

HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION HAYRIDE

Unfortunately at this time, we have hit capacity for our HA Hayride event. We are very sorry that spots filled up so quickly, as we did not anticipate this many students eager to attend. For future events alike, we plan to accommodate more students. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

FALL CAREER EXPO
Career Fair
WHEN: Tuesday, October 17th | 6:30p - 8:00p
WHERE: Spartan Stadium 4th Floor (MSUFCU)

Company Interviews
WHEN: Wednesday, October 18th | 8:30a - 5:00p
WHERE: Spartan Stadium 4th Floor (MSUFCU)

ICMS Zoom Information Session
WHAT: The International College of Management, Sydney
WHAT: The opportunity to apply to study abroad in Sydney, Australia has been extended to October 15th! This is the information session to learn more about the trip and how you can benefit as a student!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 10th | 5:00pm

Click to Learn More about ICMS

General HB Education Abroad Info Session/Q&A
WHAT: Dr. Borchgrevink is hosting a general Q/A session to talk about Hospitality Business Study/Education Abroad opportunities.
WHEN: Thursday, October 12 | 12:00-2:00 PM
WHERE: Eppley Center E440

LinkedIn Photoshoot
WHAT: Broad Student Senate is holding a LinkedIn photoshoot free of charge! This is a great opportunity to get a professional headshot
WHEN: Tuesday, October 10th | 11:00am - 3:00pm
WHERE: Russell Palmer Career Center

EVENT UPDATES

DESTINATION AUCTION

WHAT: Destination Auction is the premier fundraising event to support the Hospitality Association and its comprising clubs.

DESTINATION AUCTION WEBSITE

CLUB UPDATES

HOSPITALITY AND LODGING CLUB

The Hospitality and Lodging Club provides a unique opportunity to experience first-hand and learn about hospitality outside of the classroom. We will focus broadly on the hospitality industry, often placing a focus on the lodging segment, its current trends, and hotels/resorts that are on the rise. Join us for meetings with industry professionals, hotel site tours, hotel hotspots, and food!

General Meeting

WHEN: Wednesday October 11th | 5:00 PM

WHERE: BCC N105

WHAT: Our third general meeting of the semester where we will be talking about luxury food and beverage operations and there will be a guest speaker from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa!

Fall Trip Info Meeting

WHEN: Tuesday, October 10th| 7:00p

WHERE: Zoom

WHAT: If you are attending our Indianapolis trip, you must come to the mandatory info meeting!

Please email  hlc[log in to unmask] for more information

HLC Website

MEETINGS AND EVENTS CLUB

Our organization welcomes students of all majors at MSU interested in learning about the planning and managing of meetings and events. As we work alongside business professionals and are actively involved with fundraising events, we participate in various opportunities including site tours, PCMA's national conference, industry networking mixers, professional development workshops, socials and more! It is our goal to become leaders in our industry and build fellowship along the way.

General Meeting

WHEN: Monday, October 9th | 6:00pm

WHERE: BCC N103

Update

Join us after our Monday meeting for HA Hayride jug painting in the same room ($5 for non-dues paying participants, bring your own jug!) Keep saving your bottles and cans for our fundraiser and reach out to Annie Gillespie for pick-up arrangements.

MEC Website
ETA SIGMA DELTA

A business fraternity that recognizes outstanding academic achievement, meritorious service, and demonstrated professionalism!

Open Director of Philanthropy Position

If you would like to apply, reach out via email for the application - [log in to unmask]

ESD Website
SOCIETY FOR HOSPITALITY AND FOODSERVICE MANAGEMENT
SHFM is focused on the workplace and amenities in the foodservice industry. This non-profit organization provides mentorship, fellowship, and education in all aspects of the industry. It is more than just eating and site tours but making connections as well. If you join this club, you will meet great people, eat great food, and get the networking you need to jumpstart your career. Depending on how often you participate, you may just meet your future employer at one of our meetings!

Grand Rapids Wine, Beer, and Food Festival Volunteering

WHEN: Friday, November 17th

WHAT: This is a beneficial volunteering opportunity to learn about the internal operations of beverages - Link to sign-up is on our Instagram

Social Event

WHEN: Friday, October 20th | 6:30pm

WHERE: TBD

Follow us on Instagram: @shfmmsu

SHFM Website
SPARTAN BUSINESS GOLF CLUB
We strive to provide a wider look into the world of golf and the knowledge around it. We practice the application of golf in a professional setting. The purpose of this organization is to explore the business of golf and how to effectively use golf in business. These goals will be fulfilled through field trips to various segments of the golf industry as well as interactions with business professionals experienced in using golf in business to build relationships and rapport.
Second General Meeting of the Semester!

WHEN: Monday, October 9th | 6:30PM.

WHERE: BCC Room N106

Dewitt Golf Course Driving Range Outing

WHEN: Sunday, October 8th | 4:00pm

Hancock Turfgrass Research Center Tour

WHEN: Monday, October 16th | 2:30pm

Stay up to date on our upcoming events and updates! Join our Group me, check us out on our website and our Instagram to be involved!

Instagram - @sbgcmsu

SBGC Website
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT CLUB

General Meeting

WHEN: Tuesday, October 17th | 6:00pm
WHERE: M210 in Minskoff Pavilion
WHAT: Guest Speaker Jack Schiefelbein

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @REIC.MSU

REIC Website

NATIONAL SOCIETY OF MINORITIES IN HOSPITALITY

NSMH is a non-profit organization that focuses on developing and sustaining ties between hospitality professionals and minority students through professional development. This club is based on professional development and learning about cultures and diversity. NSMH is a safe space for all. You will be able to make new friends, participate in fun events, learn new skills, and grow as a person.

NSMH Website
CLUB MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

Cider Mill Social
WHEN: Tuesday, October 3rd | 5:15pm
WHERE:  East Shaw Hall

Career Expo Workshop
WHEN: Tuesday October 10th | 6:30pm
WHERE: BCC Room N102
WHAT: Resume help, Handshake, Interview questions

CMAA Website

If have an questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email [log in to unmask]
Yours in Hospitality,
Tyler, Autumn, Riley, Neko, Lily, Maya

created in Publicate

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170