The Department of Marketing and Strategy at the Stockholm School of Economics invites applications for a tenure- track position at the Assistant Professor level in Strategic Management and/or International Management.

We are looking for candidates with a completed Ph.D. degree in Business Administration (primarily Strategic Management but other subdisciplines could also be relevant). The ideal candidate is someone with a promising research record as evidenced by publications in or the conceivable potential to publish in top tier journals. We are specifically looking for candidates with a documented interest in and experience from research in strategy process and practice, strategic entrepreneurship and/or behavioural/cognitive strategy. The successful candidate is expected to actively participate in one or more of the ongoing research streams at the department (see below).

The successful candidate will be part of the core faculty in Strategic and International Management at the Department and primarily teach within these two subject areas. The standard teaching load for tenure track faculty at SSE is four courses per year with the possibility of a 50% reduction through external research grants. Due to partial funding via a Browaldh research stipend, the current position automatically has a reduced teaching load (only two courses/year) during the tenure track period.

The expected start date for the position is August 2024, but we are open to discussing alternative start dates. Salaries are competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and are set on an individual basis. The tenure track period is 6 years, conditional on successful mid-term review after 3 years. Tenure evaluation takes place after a maximum of 6 years, and successful evaluation leads to conversion of the tenure-track position into a tenured Associate Professor position.

The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and Executive Education programs. Through creativity and collaboration, the Stockholm School of Economics provides an environment where ambitious students and accomplished researchers meet to address contemporary challenges within business and economics, particularly those concerning sustainability, diversity and innovation.

SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.

Type of employment: Full time, Temporary position

First day of employment: August, 2024 (open for discussion)

Salaries are competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience and are set individually

Read more about the position here.

https://jobs.hhs.se/en/job/stockholm/assistant_professor_tenure_track_in_strategic_andor_international_management_department_of_marketing_and_strategy_stockholm_school_of_economics_-664607.html

How to apply

The formal application is made via the SSE Varbi online platform (http://jobs.hhs.se/job-vacancies/).

Contact:

Lisa Larson, HR, [log in to unmask],076-8437925

Professor Hans Kjellberg, Head of DMS, [log in to unmask],+4687369523,

Professor Patrick Regnér, [log in to unmask]

28.Sep.2023

Last application day: 15.Dec.2023 11:59 PM CET

Dr. Udo Zander

Professor of International Business

Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden

Member: Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences; Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences

Fellow: Academy of International Business; European International Business Academy

---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.