Dear Colleagues,

Due to high interest and multiple requests, the AIB Latin America and the Caribbean (AIB-LAC) Community is delighted to inform you that we have extended our submission deadline to October 31st, 2023, to accommodate interest in the conference and the publication potential in the Special Issue in Multinational Business Review. AIB-LAC, and our local host, the Mona School of Business & Management, University of West Indies, Mona Campus, is a vibrant and welcoming community of scholars and we look forward to another successful conference this coming March! Our conference theme is: “Rethinking and Reshaping the Role of Business in Creating a More Sustainable and Resilient Latin America and the Caribbean.”

It is our hope that this deadline extension will encourage you all to submit high quality work not only to be considered for the conference but also to be considered for the Special Issue to be published in Multinational Business Review on the conference theme! This is an exciting opportunity for scholars to publish their work related to resilience and sustainability in the LAC context.

Below is the full Call for Papers. We would be extremely grateful if you could spread the attached flyer and link to the CfP (https://lac.aib.world/calls-for-papers-and-submissions/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lac.aib.world/calls-for-papers-and-submissions/__;!!HXCxUKc!zlQYCB0nJNSJqG5Iw5koD1-6-KTS8FnMY4_-BW9tIu9Dp-aIbEAhf4zx6W6yb0qZpp-csoH7kn9RUxopKY9N$>) around your networks. Some key dates are below to facilitate:

Important Dates

Full Paper Submission Deadline: 31 October 2023

Submission to the Pre-conference (PDWs and Doctoral Consortium): 31 December 2023

All submissions will be handled through the AIB online submission system. Please refer to the detailed submission instructions page for additional information on how to prepare and submit your submission.

Submission System: https://meetings.aib.msu.edu/lac/2024/

For further information about AIB-LAC please visit our website: https://lac.aib.world.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lac.aib.world/__;!!HXCxUKc!zlQYCB0nJNSJqG5Iw5koD1-6-KTS8FnMY4_-BW9tIu9Dp-aIbEAhf4zx6W6yb0qZpp-csoH7kn9RU28-a_H4$>

Communication of Decisions: 10 December 2023

Gala Event: evening of 22 March 2024

The AIB-LAC community appreciates all your efforts to help make AIB LAC 2024 a success and we hope to see many of you in Jamaica!

Full CfP Below:

Rethinking and Reshaping the Role of Business in Creating a More Sustainable and Resilient

Latin America and the Caribbean

Mona School of Business & Management, University of West Indies, Mona Campus

Kingston, Jamaica, 20-22 March 2024

The conference and pre-conference will be run entirely face-to-face.

Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) continue to face increasing economic, ecological, socio-cultural, and geo-political challenges. These challenges mandate strategic responses from allstakeholders including, businesses, governments, civil society, social entrepreneurs, and other actors. At the same time, considerations on resilience and sustainability have tended to privilege or prioritize some actors including governments and even civil society vis-à-vis business. The 2030 agenda has also added impetus to the need for greater attention to LAC businesses and an interrogation of their role in the region’s sustainability. The proliferation of these challenges mandates that we rethink and reshape our understanding of (1) what a sustainable and resilient LAC region is; and (2) the role that businesses play in advancing progress towards this future.

Research has demonstrated that resilience is advanced by building strength and opportunity in societies across their natural environment, physical infrastructure, and economic and socialstructures. Achieving greater resilience involves combining both local and global knowledge to create best practices that bolster civil society and quality of life within communities. It is about making the whole society more competitive, more productive, more adaptive, and more inclusive.

However, as a practical matter, civic, public, and private stakeholders have differing perspectives, goals, and objectives that make cooperation and coordination difficult. Bridging these differences requires novel methods of analyses that span multiple levels and challenge existing theory. Moreover, it necessitates us to rethink the role of businesses as actors within the community, as they play a pivotal role in mobilizing resources and prompting action.

The LAC region serves as a rich natural laboratory for researchers of international business. The AIB-LAC community, which welcomes and embraces scholars from within and those interested in the region, boasts a longstanding tradition of examining phenomena to deepen our understanding of the region from both a theoretical and practical standpoint. To continue this enduring research tradition, we urge the AIB-LAC community to exploit existing methods of analysis while also taking advantage of new methods that seek to explore analyses from multiple levels and challenge our traditional thinking and paradigms.

To advance our knowledge base of international business and the identification and understanding of best practices for promoting a resilient and sustainable future within the region and beyond, we invite you to present your work at AIB-LAC’s 14th Annual Conference, “Rethinking and Reshaping the Role of Business in Creating a More Sustainable and Resilient Latin America and the Caribbean.” The conference will be hosted by the Mona School of Business & Management, University of West Indies, in Kingston, Jamaica from 20 to 22 March 2024.

We are eager to accelerate and foster the growing interest in the LAC region within the IB community and continue to garner strong support for our AIB-LAC chapter and wider community of scholars. Our 2023 AIB-LAC Conference in São Paulo was both an intellectual and collaborative celebration of scholars from, and interested in, the LAC region. The 2024 AIB-LAC Conference aims to continue the energy and intellectual stimulation of previous conferences with specialactivities facilitated by leading scholars and practitioners, all accompanied by a vibrant culturalprogramme and publication opportunities (to be announced at a later date).

We cordially invite you to submit your research and proposals for developmental activities related to the conference theme. More broadly, we welcome submissions and comparative works on international business in or relevant to the LAC region. The review of manuscripts will be coordinated by the conference Program Chair Elizabeth Moore (Northeastern University, USA) with support from track chairs. The 2024 Pre-Conference will be chaired by Mario Henrique Ogasavara (ESMP, Brazil), and Indianna Minto-Coy (UWI, Jamaica) will act as the Local Host Chair.

We invite you to view the following presentation by our local host institution, Mona School of Business & Management, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/lac.aib.world/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2023/06/AIB-LAC-Slide-Deck.pdf__;!!HXCxUKc!zlQYCB0nJNSJqG5Iw5koD1-6-KTS8FnMY4_-BW9tIu9Dp-aIbEAhf4zx6W6yb0qZpp-csoH7kn9RU_iMNu2m$>.

Important Dates

Full Paper Submission Deadline: 31 October 2023

Submission to the Pre-conference (PDWs and Doctoral Consortium): 31 December 2023

All submissions will be handled through the AIB online submission system. Please refer to the detailed submission instructions page for additional information on how to prepare and submit your submission. Submission system: https://meetings.aib.msu.edu/lac/2024/

For further information about AIB-LAC please visit our website: https://lac.aib.world.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lac.aib.world/__;!!HXCxUKc!zlQYCB0nJNSJqG5Iw5koD1-6-KTS8FnMY4_-BW9tIu9Dp-aIbEAhf4zx6W6yb0qZpp-csoH7kn9RU28-a_H4$>

Communication of Decisions: 10 December 2023

Gala Event: evening of 22 March 2024

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

The 2024 AIB LAC team is excited to announce that Multinational Business Review (MBR) has agreed to publish a special issue of the journal focused on our 2024 AIB LAC conference theme: Rethinking and Reshaping the Role of Business in Creating a More Sustainable and Resilient Latin America and the Caribbean.

Articles accepted for other tracks of the conference will also be considered. We invite and encourage you all to submit your high-quality work to the conference. The best papers will be invited for consideration in this special issue and the authors will be given time to refine their paper before submitting to the special issue. While submission and acceptance to the conference does not guarantee publication in the special issue of MBR, the conference will serve as a wonderful platform and opportunity for discussion and workshopping.

Special Issue’s Guest Editorial Team: Elizabeth M. Moore (Northeastern University), Indianna Minto-Coy (University of the West Indies), Maria Alejandra Gonzalez-Perez (Universidad EAFIT)

Conference Tracks:

We have structured the Conference Tracks as follows:

Track 1: Political, Financial and Economic Environments and Institutions (Track Chairs: Lou Ann Barclay, Jorge Alcaraz)

Track 2: Internationalization Strategies and Process (Track Chairs: Cathy Rubinos, Armando Borda)

Track 3: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in International Business (Track Chairs: Alfredo Estrada, Fabiola Monje- Cueto)

Track 4: International Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship, and Family Business (Track Chairs: Guido Roger, Ambica Medine)

Track 5: International Marketing and Consumer Analytics Research (Track Chairs: Juan Carlos Sosa, Mariana Suter)

Track 6: Innovation, Technology, and Supply Chains (Track Chairs: Sabina Mlodzianowska,  Kristin Brandl)

Track 7: International HRM, Global Leadership, and Diversity (Track Chairs: Michel Hermans, Marcelo Vargas)

Track 8: Research Methods in International Business (Track Chairs: José Satsumi López Morales, Silvio Vasconcellos)

Track 9: Teaching and Learning International Business (Track Chairs: Cyntia Vilasboas Calixto Casnici, Karla Nava)

Track 10: Digital Globalization (Track Chairs: Fernanda Cahen, David Schulzmann)

Track 11: International Travel and Tourism (Track Chairs: Beienetch Watson, Acolla Lewis-Cameron)

Tourism remains a major contributor to the Caribbean and many other regions. The relevance of tourism also means it impacts and is turn impacted by international forces which merits consideration in an IB context.

Track 12: Conference Theme Track: Creating a More Sustainable and Resilient Latin America and the Caribbean (Track Chairs: Maria Alejandra Gonzalez-Perez, Larissa Marchiori Pacheco)

This Conference theme track welcomes papers that focus on firm behaviors, reactive and proactive, in light of the historical resilience and sustainability challenges currently facing Latin America and the Caribbean. Examples of questions that we would be interested include but are not limited to the following. What is a sustainable and resilient LAC region? How can different stakeholders within the region work together to ensure a sustainable and resilient future? What is the role of businesses in advancing sustainability and resilience? How can businesses leverage their own internal resilience to promote the resilience of the communities they operate in and the region at large? We encourage researchers to use research methodologies that are less common in international business such as survival analysis, tools from diffusion research, necessary conditions analysis, ethnographies, and case studies.

Best,
Elizabeth M. Moore on behalf of the AIB LAC Community

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L .  AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content.  All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.