​​      ​​      ​​      ​​

IMPORTANT EVENTS THIS WEEK

FIRST BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

WHAT: BOD Meetings take place once a month, presenting an opportunity for the directors of each club within HA to make decisions that will benefit all of the clubs, events, and students in The School! With many important conversations directly or indirectly affecting your experience as a hospitality business students, we warmly invite you to this meeting!

WHERE: Broad College of Business Room N105

WHEN: Thursday, September 14th | 6:00p - 7:30p

SPARTAN SPONSORS MENTOR PROGRAM

WHAT: This program pairs students and alumni with similar career interests with each other. We need you to help us collaborate with our School of Hospitality Business alumni to brainstorm and redesign this program.
WHERE: Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center (Lincoln Room)
WHEN: Thursday, September 21st | 7:00p - 8:30p

FLOAT BUILDING FOR HOMECOMING WEEK
Homecoming Week is quickly approaching during the week of September 18th. Mark your calendars and join in on the tradition of building The School of Hospitality Business' homecoming float - We won "Best Spartan Spirit" last year!

WHEN: Building will begin on Monday, September 18th | 5p - 10p

WHEN: The parade will begin on Friday, September 22nd

EVENT UPDATES

DESTINATION AUCTION

WHAT: Destination Auction is the premier fundraising event to support the Hospitality Association and its comprising clubs.

Visit us at HA Open House to find out how you can get involved!

DESTINATION AUCTION WEBSITE

CLUB UPDATES

HOSPITALITY AND LODGING CLUB

The Hospitality and Lodging Club provides a unique opportunity to experience first-hand and learn about hospitality outside of the classroom. We will focus broadly on the hospitality industry, often placing a focus on the lodging segment, its current trends, and hotels/resorts that are on the rise. Join us for meetings with industry professionals, hotel site tours, hotel hotspots, and food!

When: Wednesday, September 13th | 5:00 PM

Where: BCC Room N105

What: Our first meeting of the semester! We will introduce the E-Board and the club and discuss what the semester will look like. We will also have McDonald's!

GroupMe: These resources are great ways to receive updates and reminders about upcoming meetings and events and to learn about our E-Board members! HLC GroupMe Link

Please email  hlc[log in to unmask] for more information

HLC Website

MEETINGS AND EVENTS CLUB

General Meeting

WHEN: Monday, September 11, 2023 | 6 PM

WHERE: Business College Complex N103

Thank you for stopping by our booth at HA Open House. We look forward to seeing some new faces and returning members at our first meeting! Join us for E-Board introductions, club updates and info, speed dating to meet your club pals, and delicious donuts!

MEC Website
ETA SIGMA DELTA

A business fraternity that recognizes outstanding academic achievement, meritorious service, and demonstrated professionalism!

General Meeting

WHEN: Tuesday, September 19 | 5 PM

WHERE: BCC N102

Open Director of Philanthropy Position

If you would like to apply, reach out via email for the application - [log in to unmask]

St. Jude Card Making

WHEN: Thursday, October 5 | 5pm

ESD Website
SOCIETY FOR HOSPITALITY AND FOODSERVICE MANAGEMENT

General Meeting

WHEN: Tuesday, September 19, 20223 | 6:30PM.

WHERE: Kellogg Room L71

To kick off the school year, SHFM will be hosting their welcome meeting on September 19th at 6:30pm in the Kellogg Room L71. It will be a great time to learn more about their events and meet like-minded students!

SHFM Website
SPARTAN BUSINESS GOLF CLUB
We strive to provide a wider look into the world of golf and the knowledge around it. We practice the application of golf in a professional setting. The purpose of this organization is to explore the business of golf and how to effectively use golf in business. These goals will be fulfilled through field trips to various segments of the golf industry as well as interactions with business professionals experienced in using golf in business to build relationships and rapport.
First General Meeting of the Semester!

WHEN: Monday, September 11 | 6:30PM.

WHERE: BCC N124

We will introduce the new 23/24 E-board, discuss what we have planned for the semester, dues, and our Panda Express Fundraiser!

SBGC Website
CLUB MANAGERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

First General Meeting of the Semester!
WHEN: Tuesday, September 12 | 6:30pm
WHERE: SIRC Office - 4th floor Eppley Center

CMAA Website
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT CLUB

General Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, September 19 | 6:00pm
WHERE: Minskoff Pavilion M210
WHAT: Guest Speaker - Pebblebrook Hotel Trust
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @REIC.MSU

REIC Website

If have an questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email [log in to unmask]
Yours in Hospitality,
Tyler, Autumn, Riley, Neko, Sam, Lily, Maya

created in Publicate

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170