Call for Chapters:

Handbook of Cross-Cultural Management

We are putting together a Handbook of Cross-Cultural Management for publication by Edward Elgar Publishing and we would like to invite cross-cultural management researchers to contribute chapters to the Handbook.

We envision the Handbook to cover research studies that unravel both the challenges and rewards of cross-cultural dynamics and also provide practical guidance for individuals, teams, and organizations on navigating and excelling in cross-cultural environments. With this in mind, we aim to have three main sections in the Handbook:

I. Cross-cultural management: From an individual perspective (e.g., expatriates; migrants; students; etc.)

II. Cross-cultural management: From a team perspective (e.g., global teams; global virtual teams; etc.)

III. Cross-cultural management: From an organizational/firm perspective (e.g., MNCs; etc.)

If you have any research works that relate to any of the above topics, we would be delighted to hear about them for possible inclusion to the Handbook. Please submit a one-page proposal (single-space; Times New Roman 12 points) to us via email (see details below) by October 31, 2023. The one-page proposal must include a title, name/s of the author/s, affiliation/s and the summary of the research. We will evaluate the proposal for fit, rigor and relevance to the Handbook and then invite the author/s to further develop the proposal.

The full chapter must be approximately 10,000 words with abstract of up to 150 words and up to 6 keywords.

For the complete timeline, please refer below:

One-page chapter proposal received

November 1, 2023

One-page chapter proposal invited for further development

December 1, 2023

Five-page full chapter outline received

March 1, 2024

Five-page full chapter outline comments provided to authors

April 1, 2024

First full chapters draft received

July 1, 2024

First drafts reviewed and returned to authors

September 1, 2024

Second drafts received

December 1, 2024

Second drafts accepted or returned to authors for minor edits

February 2025

All final chapters received

April 2025

Handbook published

Second half of 2025

As shown above, there are many steps involved and we cannot guarantee publication of all proposals. But we are happy to provide guidance and work alongside the authors to ensure that we can deliver rigorous and impactful cross-cultural management research within the timeframe given to us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Alfred Presbitero ([log in to unmask]) or Vas Taras ([log in to unmask])

Thank you.

Alfred Presbitero and Vas Taras

===

Alfred Presbitero, PhD

Associate Professor, Department of Management

Course Director, MBA (International)

Deakin Business School

DEAKIN UNIVERSITY

I pay my respects to the Wada Wurung, Wurrrundgeri and Gunditjmara Elders and Peoples who are the Traditional Custodians of the land where Deakin’s campuses are located.

Important Notice:
The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.
---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.