Dear AIB friends,

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to encourage you to attend the AIB-MENA Conference we are organizing in Rabat, Morocco, on December 10-13, 2023.

We understand that some of you may have concerns about traveling to Rabat due to the recent earthquake that struck southern Morocco on September 9, 2023, causing significant damage and loss of life in the affected areas. However, we would like to assure you that Rabat and Casablanca were not affected by the earthquake and are completely safe for travel. The earthquake's epicenter was located in the High Atlas mountains, approximately 400 kilometers southwest of Rabat. Airports, railways, motorways, and hotels in Rabat, Casablanca, and Marrakech are operating normally. We want to remind you that the conference will be held in December 2023, several months after the earthquake. Thus, we are confident there will be no disruptions to your travel plans.

We would also like to inform you that the Moroccan government has been working hard to restore normalcy in the affected areas and provide aid and support to those affected by the earthquake. Keeping your travel plans as scheduled and attending the conference will support the country's economy and help it recover from this natural disaster.

We hope this message has addressed any concerns you may have had about traveling to Morocco. If you have additional questions, feel free to let us know. We look forward to seeing you at the AIB-MENA 2023 Conference.

All best wishes,

AIBMENA 2023 team

********

Professor Immanuel Azaad Moonesar R.D.
Professor of Health Policy and Systems Research
Director of Business Development

Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government
(formerly Dubai School of Government)
Level 7, Convention Tower
Dubai World Trade Centre
P.O. Box 72229, Dubai, UAE
Phone: +9714-3293290
Direct: +9714-3175533
Fax: +9714-3293291

www.linkedin.com/in/iamoonesar<http://www.linkedin.com/in/iamoonesar>
https://www.linkedin.com/company/academy-of-international-business-mena/
https://mena.aib.world/events/aib-mena-conference/

This e-mail and any attachment is for the authorized use of the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain confidential information, proprietary material and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by any other party. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please promptly delete it and all copies, as well as any attachments, and inform the sender. Thank you.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L .  AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content.  All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.