Dear Colleagues,
During the pandemic, I presented some online workshops covering the content of my book from two decades ago entitled Measurement Error and Research Design (Sage) and the experience of teaching a PhD seminar on this topic for several decades. That book had as its basis a most minute and intuitive dissection of measurement error with the rest of the journey relating such understanding to research design.
Videos and materials from those Measurement and Research Design Virtual Workshops have been available. For access, information about future forums and additional content, please visit the website. Additionally, I will be honored to visit your class or workshops virtually to provide some interaction and Q and A if you think it will be worthwhile. This is like much of what we do - a labor of love - and if my experience can be of some use, I will be happy to be there.
The workshops were offered on Zoom over two days during the pandemic. The workshops aimed to enable deep understanding of measurement error and how it translates to the measurement of one thing and the measurement (or manipulation) of many things (i.e., the method). Whether you use secondary or primary data, you interpret from data to some variables at a conceptual level, and will find the workshops relevant. The main takeaways are as follows.

·      Deep understanding of measurement error at an intuitive (over and above statistical) level

·      Confidence and ability to design measures and methods while minimizing measurement error

·      Understanding the relationship between measurement and research design and translating it into conducting empirical research

Sincerely,

Madhu

Madhu Viswanathan

Professor, Department of Marketing, College of Bus. Admin., Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles

Professor Emeritus, Department of Bus. Admin., Gies College of Business, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

Subsistence Marketplaces Initiative https://cba.lmu.edu/smi/

Marketplace Literacy Project www.marketplaceliteracy.org

---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.