Associate Professor of International Management, University of Groningen

As a result of sustained growth in our international business programs, the Department of Global Economics & Management at the University of Groningen (Netherlands) is inviting applications for an Associate Professor of International Management.

Job description

We are looking for an associate professor in the field of International Management, broadly defined, who fits the research profile of our department. In particular, we are looking for candidates with an affinity with, and a track record of research in, one or more of the following topics:

The successful candidate will have the ability to conduct high-quality, creative research in the areas of interest to the department and to publish in high-ranked international journals. You are expected to take on management and coordination roles with respect to teaching and research activities in the department.
Regarding teaching, he/she will contribute to courses in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Master of Science (MSc) programmes offered by the department, including the supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses. Contribution to the highly selective two-year Research Master is also possible. We also expect that candidates are willing to incorporate societally relevant faculty-wide “focus areas” in their teaching. Examples are Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence, and Future Prosperity and Sustainability.

The Global Economics & Management department is an active and international research group consisting of approximately 80 people and encompasses International Management as well as International Economics. The department is unified by its interest in performing theory-driven empirical research on (de-)globalization, sustainability, global value chains, multinational firms, CSR, ownership, governance, and cultural and institutional change. Members of our department who work on these topics include Rian Drogendijk, Gary Ge, Anne Kellers, Alan Muller, Maria Cristina Sestu, Jiyoung Shin, and Rieneke Slager. Their research has been published in a wide range of top journals including Journal of International Business Studies, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, Organisation Studies, Business & Society, Global Strategy Journal, and Journal of World Business.

The department offers two three-year Bachelor programmes, namely the BSc International Business, and the BSc Economics & Business Economics. In addition, it is responsible for two one-year MSc programmes: the MSc in International Business & Management, and the MSc in Economic Development & Globalization. Members of the department also teach in the selective honours programme for BSc students, as well as the challenging two-year Research Master programme, which is intended for students aiming at a PhD. All courses taught by the department are international in content and instruction is in English.

Qualifications

To qualify for the associate professor position, the ideal candidate:

Terms of employment

We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:

The starting date is flexible.

Application

Applicants are requested to submit:

You may apply for this position until 1 October 11:59pm/ before 2 October 2023 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" at the bottom of this message).

We will begin reviewing applications as of August 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.

The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/(...)rsity-and-inclusion/

Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code

We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.

Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.

Information

For more information you can contact:

Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications. Submit applications by clicking on the “Apply” button below.

Apply

---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.