SIRC JOB POSTING ALERT
Position: Front Desk Manager
ROOST at our Detroit location is making a splash as a new and unique luxury hotel. We offer the opportunity to live comfortably in a thoughtfully designed space, engage and connect through heartening human interaction, and find countless opportunities to experience new things during our guest’s stay.
Join the experience as we are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Front Desk Manager at ROOST. As a Front Desk Manager, you bid a warm welcome to our guests visiting the hotel and are responsible for quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out hotel guests; client and resident reception organization; bell duties; and concierge services in a gracious and professional manner. This position demands accuracy with daily accounting procedures.
Who will enjoy this position?
- Bright and engaging people who are passionate about making connections with others.
- Those who are naturally warm and welcoming and love entertaining people in their home.
- Someone who is comfortable and experienced in giving on-the-spot feedback to colleagues in regard to service and processes.
- Those who thrive on being busy and love the energy created by genuinely connecting with those around you.
- Someone who is self-sufficient and loves the challenge of coming up with creative solutions.
- A person who is able to blend authentic, unique, and personalized service with a professional approach.
- Someone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and will take care of the hotel and guests as if it was their own.
- Detailed oriented, able to work individually and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer savvy and be a quick learner.
As a hospitality company, our people are at the heart of what we do. Progressivism, enthusiasm, entrepreneurialism, creativity, and vibrant diversity create our unique corporate culture.
- The Front Desk Manager actively contributes to the overall operation of the hotel by demonstrating strong leadership, organization, and understanding of brand standards.
- Operate all aspects of the property in the absence of the AGM by following brand standards and established operating procedures as set forth by leadership.
- Assist the GM to achieve maximum profitability through active cost and labor control.
- Carry out and assist with inspections of rooms, public areas, and back of the house on a regular basis to ensure brand standards are maintained at all times.
- Assure the highest standards of security for residents and employees.
- Facilitate all departmental work schedules.
- Actively recruit and assist with the hiring of hourly team members.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations as prescribed.
- Ensure all team members are trained to maximize service, productivity, and efficiency.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings to promote communication between departments, which leads to maximum guest satisfaction and financial performance.
- Oversee established procedures to maximize productivity and control inventories for all departments.
- Manage Customer Satisfaction Surveys, including uploading guest information and responding to reviews regularly. Responsible for overall hotel guest satisfaction and setting goals to achieve specific objectives.
- Review all customer comments and feedback, ensure that immediate action has been taken, and formulate solutions to prevent recurring dissatisfaction.
- Assist with Accounts Payable duties by ensuring timely payment to vendors while managing individual line expenses.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience (preferably in the hotel/corporate suites industry).
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Command of English Language- both spoken and written.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Experience with cost controls and yield management.
- Ability to work a variety of varying schedules (PM and Weekend availability)
- Full Health, Vision, Life and Dental Coverage
- 401 K
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Personal, and Sick days