Michigan State University Broad College of Business
Student and Industry Resource Center
NOTICE

SIRC JOB POSTING ALERT

Company: RedWater Restaurants
Position: Restaurant Manager at Redrock Grill / Macatawa Golf Club
Deadline: Ongoing

View Job Post

Join the RedWater family! We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Restaurant Manager to join our team at Redrock Grille at Macatawa Golf Club. We have 10 restaurants that offer some of the largest outdoor dining spaces in west Michigan, as well as 9 event venues, 8 golf courses, and 5 country club pools with cafés and bars. Our restaurants include:

  • Boatwerks (Holland)
  • The Butler (Saugatuck)
  • Cork Wine & Grille (Cascade)
  • FireRock Grille (Caledonia)
  • Gravity Taphouse (Grand Rapids)
  • Lake Bluff Grille (Muskegon)
  • RedRock Grille (N. Holland)
  • Reds at Thousand Oaks (N. Grand Rapids)
  • Rush Creek Bistro (Grandville)
  • Vintage Prime & Seafood (Cascade)

BENEFITS:

Besides providing a positive team-oriented workplace and great growth opportunity within our organization, RedWater offers amazing benefits:

  • Competitive compensation
  • 401K with partial match for full-time employees after 1 year
  • Healthcare benefits for full-time employees
  • Discounts at all RedWater Restaurants
  • Snap Fitness discounts at select locations
  • Discounted golf at RedWater Golf Clubs
  • $250 employee referral bonus

QUALIFICATIONS:

Our ideal Restaurant Manager will have at least 1 year of experience. They will need to be detail oriented, great at multitasking, have a strong work ethic with core values, and the flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Teamwork mentality and positive attitude are a must.

JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES:

  • Manages all aspects of the dining room and other food and beverage operations on the property.
  • Completes all financials and reports needed daily as outlined.
  • Inspects staff to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniform.
  • Adheres to on-going training programs.
  • Adheres to all handbook policies and holds team members accountable.
  • Ensures productivity of team members and that all daily tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
  • Manages shift with cost effective approach.
  • Creates a positive work environment for the team.
  • Responsible for staff opening and closing procedures.
  • Maintains contact with guests and ensures maximum satisfaction.
  • Has complete knowledge of all menu items, bar products, and pricing.
  • Schedules personnel based on proforma and plans room set-up based upon anticipated guest counts.
  • Carefully supervises to ensure proper service. Intervenes immediately to avoid a poor dining experience.
  • Directs pre-shift meetings with staff.
  • Ensures facility is clean, organized, and well maintained on a daily basis.
  • Has knowledge of shift, daily, weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
  • Works with General Manager and Executive Chef to develop and implement an on-going marketing program to increase business.
  • Attends and participates in weekly management staff meetings, as well as other service meetings as deemed necessary.
  • Promotes the dining facilities for private events, social events, and business meetings and events.
  • Has knowledge of shift, daily, weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
  • Responsible for controlling all beverage costs, including: Liquor, beer, and wine, inventories, weekly ordering of all bar beverage products according to developed pars and budgets, and coding of bar beverage invoices and tracking weekly purchases.
  • Records sales and labor on weekly sales sheets
  • Keeps up with current trends within the restaurant industry.

ABOUT US:

Our Company: At RedWater Restaurants & Events, it’s our mission to exceed customer expectations by providing memorable dining experiences and consistently creating quality meals using the freshest ingredients. We focus on delivering seasonal, high-quality, creative menus at competitive prices in relaxed and casual environment. RedWater continues to support West Michigan with quality food, as well as jobs within the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our well-trained team takes pride in offering a welcoming ambiance, delicious food, and exceptional service.

RedWater Restaurants & Events Mission Statement: The secret of why people keep coming back to our restaurants and event centers is no secret at all. We believe in the simple principle of delivering hospitality and an experience through our food and service that make our guests want to return.

Values:

  • Guest: We will do whatever we can for our guests. We can only say “yes.”
  • Food: Our food will be consistent, serving items as described & anticipated by our guest.
  • Service: We will deliver an experience that makes our guests feel they come first.
  • Team: We will work as a team. Committed, competent & contributing to make our guests experience one they will enjoy.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year

Benefits:

  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance