[Student and Industry Resource Center](https://sirc.broad.msu.edu)

NOTICE

SIRC JOB POSTING ALERT
Company: RedWater Restaurants
Position: Event Sales Manager @ RedWater
Deadline: Ongoing

View Job Post: https://sirc.broad.msu.edu/job-posting/44661/display

Join the RedWater family! We have 9 event venues, 10 restaurants that offer some of the largest outdoor dining spaces in west Michigan, as well as 8 golf courses and 5 country club pools with cafés and bar. Our event venues provide beautiful views of our professionally maintained golf courses and landscapes and are ready to accommodate any type of event, from small business meetings to large weddings.

We are currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated Event Sales Manager to join our team. The Event Sales Manager will work at our Grand Rapids venue and will help guests through the planning of their event. They will assist with all food, beverage, timeline, and setup planning needs in order to assure that everything goes perfectly for our guests. This position offers a base salary based on experience with a quarterly bonus potential.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

The position will be to help manage the event sales at Watermark Country Club. The sales manager must have a flexible work schedule working on average of 45 hours per week. The schedule could vary on a weekly basis based on the needs of our clients. This position will include the following responsibilities as well as those assigned as needed:

Meet to tour and sell clients interested in hosting events within our company

Book events by completing contracts, menu planning and floor plans

Communicate menus and details with Chefs and banquet managers on a weekly basis

Assure final counts prior to events

Close out all events with the financial team and follow up with client on satisfaction

Participate in bridal tastings or other events pertaining to banquet sales

Knowledge of local marketing competitors to ensure venues are appropriately priced

Assist in identifying potential new clients

Review of menu offerings with Chefs and Sales team to discuss improved menu offerings

Cross sell all properties when the opportunity occurs (Boatwerks, Macatawa Golf Club, and The Ravines). Also promoting Grand Rapids locations (Watermark, Thousand Oaks, Sunnybrook, StoneWater and Thornapple Pointe) when necessary.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Our ideal candidate will have at least 2 year of experience or education in event sales management. They will need to be detail oriented and great at multitasking. Candidate must have a strong work ethic with core values. Teamwork mentality and positive attitude is a must.

If you meet these requirements and believe you are an excellent candidate for this position, please apply to this job post!

BENEFITS:

Besides providing a positive team-oriented workplace and great growth opportunity within our organization, RedWater offers amazing benefits:

Competitive compensation

401K with partial match for full-time employees after 1 year

Healthcare benefits for full-time employees after 1 year

Discounts at all RedWater Restaurants

Snap Fitness discounts at select locations

Discounted golf at RedWater Golf Clubs

ABOUT US:

Our Company: At RedWater Restaurants & Events, it’s our mission to exceed customer expectations by providing memorable dining experiences and consistently creating quality meals using the freshest ingredients. We focus on delivering seasonal, high-quality, creative menus at competitive prices in relaxed and casual environment. RedWater continues to support West Michigan with quality food, as well as jobs within the restaurant and hospitality industry. Our well-trained team takes pride in offering a welcoming ambiance, delicious food, and exceptional service.

RedWater Restaurants & Events Mission Statement: The secret of why people keep coming back to our restaurants and event centers is no secret at all. We believe in the simple principle of delivering hospitality and an experience through our food and service that make our guests want to return.

Values:

Guest: We will do whatever we can for our guests. We can only say “yes.”

Food: Our food will be consistent, serving items as described & anticipated by our guest.

Service: We will deliver an experience that makes our guests feel they come first.

Team: We will work as a team. Committed, competent & contributing to make our guests experience one they will enjoy.

Work Remotely

No

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year

Benefits:

401(k)

Dental insurance

Employee discount