Dear AIB Colleagues,

I am pleased to share the newly-released 2022 edition of the DHL Global Connectedness Index report, which I co-authored with Caroline R. Bastian, along with a corresponding dataset. The report and dataset are available at https://stern.nyu.edu/gci and https://dhl.com/gci.

This year's report scores and ranks 171 countries according to the depth (relative to domestic activity) and breadth (geographic reach) of their international trade, capital, information, and people flows. The scores and ranks are available in CSV and Excel format in the data files that accompany the report. The report also includes an analysis of recent developments in globalization focused on three main questions: (1) Are global flows still growing? (2) Are geopolitical tensions fracturing the world economy into rival blocs? (3) Is globalization giving way to regionalization?

We have also updated the data in our NYU Stern Globalization Explorer online tool, available at https://globalization.stern.nyu.edu. This free online resource provides customizable maps based on international trade, capital, information, and people flows, with drill-downs into trade in specific categories of goods and services. It also facilitates a quantitative application of Pankaj Ghemawat's CAGE (Cultural, Administrative, Geographic, Economic) distance framework, using the same underlying dataset.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or suggestions about these materials.

Best regards,
Steve

---
Steven A. Altman
Senior Research Scholar
Director, DHL Initiative on Globalization
Center for the Future of Management
NYU Stern School of Business
---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.