The executive search for the Dean of the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) in Hawaii is live. Applications, nominations, and inquiries are now being accepted.

Search site:  https://manoa.hawaii.edu/executivesearch/ctahr/The search site has the job announcement and instructions on how to apply, the official position description, the Search Advisory Committee members, and the organizational charts and functional statements.

Neogov Site: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu/jobs/4033425/dean-and-director-for-research-and-cooperative-extension-position-89020

There is also a dedicated email ([log in to unmask]) for this search.

Please share the job announcement and related information.

Aloha mai! My name is Albie Miles. I would like to acknowledge that the ‘āina in which I live and work is part of the larger territory recognized by Indigenous Hawaiians as their ancestral grandmother, Papahānaumoku. I am a guest on this ‘āina, visiting for the purpose of serving as a researcher and educator. I can currently trace my family’s roots to California and to eastern and western Europe. I recognize that Queen Lili‘uokalani yielded the Hawaiian Kingdom and these territories under duress and protest to the United States to avoid the bloodshed of her people. I further recognize that Hawai‘i remains an illegally occupied state of America. I recognize that each moment I am in Hawai‘i, this ‘āina nourishes me. I further recognize that generations of Indigenous Hawaiians and their knowledge systems shaped Hawai‘i in sustainable ways that allow me to enjoy these gifts today. For this I am grateful and as a guest, I seek to support the varied strategies that the Indigenous peoples of Hawai‘i are using to protect their land and their communities, and I commit to dedicating time and resources to working in solidarity. Mahalo.

Albie Miles, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Sustainable Community Food Systems, University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu
Director, Hawai'i Institute for Sustainable Community Food Systems
Cooperating Graduate Faculty Member, Dept. of Natural Resources & Environmental Management, UH Manoa
Chair, UH Student Basic Needs Committee
310-902-0531 (mobile)
Scheduling (auto-generates Zoom details and calendar invite)
New article: Miles A and Hoy C (2023) Editorial: Achieving food system resilience and equity in the era of global environmental changeFront. Sustain. Food Syst. 6:1126013.
Transforming Hawaii's Food System Together

"The universal crisis that marks our time necessitates an epoch of uncompromising revolutionary change - one aimed at harnessing human energy for creative and socially productive work within a world of ecological sustainability and substantive equality." - J.B. Foster