SIRC JOB POSTING ALERT
Company: The Little Nell Hotel
Position: Manager in Training - Food and Beverage - The Little Nell
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Manager in Training will spend 10-12 months rotating throughout the Food & Beverage Division departments in order to gain a broad knowledge of the division. During the program the MIT will experience three Food & Beverage Division departments and will work all positions and all shifts. MIT will spend time during each rotation shadowing the department manager to learn supervisory skills necessary for each department. The MIT will participate in various Human Resources led learning modules throughout the program. At the conclusion of the program the MIT will be counseled on next steps for promotion into a supervisor or management role.
Essential Job Functions
• Rotates through three Food & Beverage Division departments during a 10-12 month period following the seasonal business levels
• Works all positions within the department
• Meets regularly with the department manager to review performance
• Meets regularly with the department manager to learn supervisory skills and responsibilities
• Takes on department specific projects as assigned by department manager
• Monthly review of department financials with department manager
• Completion of MIT learning modules as assigned by Human Resources
• Report to work on time in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Be a role model to others
• Discuss and make Department Manager aware of guest’s comments or complaints
• Is familiar with Hotel fire, safety and health procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Attends department meetings as required
• Completes special tasks and projects assigned by department manager
• Attends assigned management training classes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum one year of hospitality work experience, internship experience concidered
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Department Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance