People and Operations Director

The National Young Farmers Coalition (Young Farmers) represents, mobilizes, and engages young farmers to ensure their success. Since our founding in 2010, we have grown our grassroots network to over 200,000 individuals and partner organizations. We give young farmers tools to become leaders in their communities, building an effective political voice at the local, state, and national level. Together, we tackle the most critical structural and economic barriers that prevent motivated young people from starting and growing successful farm businesses—including access to affordable farmland, student debt, climate change, healthcare, racial inequities, and more. We have won historic investments in beginning farmer training, outreach to farmers of color, and farmland conservation. Our advocacy for a USDA Farm Service Agency microloan resulted in a loan program in every county that has served more than 30,000 farmers.

Young Farmers seeks a People and Operations Director to develop, implement, and manage our human resources strategies and streamline operational processes across the organization. The People and Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the operations team’s administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, payroll, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance management; recruiting and hiring processes; staff culture, recognition, and morale; and training and development on HR and operations policies and practices. The People and Operations Director will also work to ensure people, processes and technology are working together efficiently so plans are executed properly and decisions are based on reliable information. The role is both operational and strategic in nature, leading and supporting efforts that deliver organizational effectiveness, a thriving work environment and inclusive culture, and meets the growing needs of the organization through effective talent acquisition and management strategies. The People and Operations Director and their team will also act as key points of contact for our 50+ employees throughout the organization, allowing us to maximize staff engagement, contribution, and satisfaction. The People and Operations Director will report to the Chief of Staff and will serve as a member of the Leadership Team.

Title: People and Operations Director
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Location: Remote, U.S. Based Home Office  (DC preferred)– Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Start date: May15-July 15 2023

 Responsibilities

Human Resources (40%)

Operations and Administration (25%)

Management and Organizational Leadership (25%)

Development and Budget Management (5%)

General Staff Responsibilities (5%)

Qualifications

This could be the right position for you, if you: (Qualifications)
The ideal candidate may also have:

Schedule and Compensation

How to Apply

Apply by May 4th using the form at www.youngfarmers.org/about/jobs/ to be considered for an interview. Applications without a cover letter will be considered incomplete.

*The job post is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing every activity, duty or responsibility that is required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change slightly or be added depending on the needs of the organization.

--

Shelby Saucier
People and Operations Manager