Dear colleagues,

It is our great pleasure to invite scholars to submit their research to our 2024 Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS https://hicss.hawaii.edu/. It features many topics that may be of interest to IB scholars. Besides, it is located at the beautiful Hilton Waikiki Beach Resort in Honolulu at Oahu island, Hawaii. The conference is held at 03-06.01.2024, and the submission deadline is on June 15th, 2023.

As an example of the IB related topics, we provide the Global Digital Business minitrack. This 8th instalment of the minitrack is co-hosted by Sara Fraccastoro, Mika Gabrielsson and Arto Ojala.

This minitrack explores the impact and role of digitalization in terms of processes, tools, infrastructures, and ecosystems used in global groups, firms, institutions, and organizations. The analysis of digitalization and digital artifact characteristics is crucial for instance for entrepreneurial and internationalizing firms, as the shift towards digitalization enables a more efficient and effective knowledge exchange that is pivotal for global business practice and sustained business performance in foreign endeavors. This is particularly relevant for firms targeting global markets since their inception a.k.a. “Born Globals” and for those doing so through digital infrastructures and ecosystem since their foundation “Born Digitals”. Success of their entrepreneurial activities, international business operations, management and marketing is depending on effective learning and knowledge coordination that yearly increases also as an effect of the ever more permanent changes introduced by Covid-19 pandemic to global business. Our minitrack covers aspects related to entrepreneurship, marketing, management, international business, digitalization, knowledge intensive firms like born digitals, and the role of information systems within these contexts. Given the increasing calls for research looking at the shifts in global knowledge innovation and entrepreneurial systems introduced by digital business and especially yielding from the pandemic, our minitrack invests a topic area that besides theoretical has an ever increased practical relevance, and thus will appeal to a much broader audience of academics and practitioners. We expect the submissions to follow this increasing trend. Consequently, our methodological and theoretical standpoints contemplate qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method research approaches, where cross-pollination of fields of research is particularly relevant. We welcome papers from researchers as well as practitioners.

Potential topics in our minitrack may include, but are not limited to:

Submit your paper by 15.06.2023

We look forward to meeting you at the inviting and beautifully-located  Hilton Hawaiian Waikiki Beach Resort in Waikiki, Oahu island, Hawaii. Conference will be held from 03-06.01.2024.

For more info, please contact:

Dr. Sara Fraccastoro, [log in to unmask];

Prof Mika Gabrielsson, [log in to unmask];

Prof. Arto Ojala, [log in to unmask];

---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L. AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content. All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.