Warm Winter Greetings!

Midwest GRIT<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.midwestgrit.org__;!!HXCxUKc!zlty2YS9T6W4g0zfNatuRJIUkp-kum3uxVdlLqpIU-6oLak7FcvcgIF71-oqXtDwy0PDXD257Gh7I5WDR1Pp1LQ$> is Seeking Farmers for its 2023 Cohort!

Join fellow agricultural entrepreneurs in the Upper Midwest in a paid peer-to-peer learning experience beginning April 2023! Midwest GRIT (Grains Resource & Immersive Training) was developed to support food-grade grain farmers and their contributions to a resilient regional grainshed!

Midwest GRIT is a compensated yearlong training program built on a foundation of peer-to-peer knowledge sharing. Farmers will support each other to gain new knowledge of organic food-grade grain production and marketing, while also developing and/or strengthening mentoring skills that will benefit their communities beyond the length and scope of this program and each individual cohort. Educational programming will provide tools, hands-on education, and networking opportunities to establish or expand on each participants’ existing agricultural enterprises and experience.

Twelve (12) months of programming includes:

  *   Regular peer-to-peer engagement
  *   Monthly workshops
  *   Monthly virtual seminars with topics ranging from field work to finance
  *   Regional field days, on-farm demonstrations, and hands-on workshops
  *   Virtual and in-person networking events to connect farmers with one another, as well as grain processors, end-users, and consumers
  *   Programming that supports and strengthens the success of women, non-binary, BIPOC, beginning, and other disproportionately under-resourced farmers

Application period is open through March 3, 2023. Further program details and benefits can be found online at www.midwestgrit.org/apply<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.midwestgrit.org/apply__;!!HXCxUKc!zlty2YS9T6W4g0zfNatuRJIUkp-kum3uxVdlLqpIU-6oLak7FcvcgIF71-oqXtDwy0PDXD257Gh7I5WDnzHBU64$>. Learn more at our GRIT program informational webinars onThursday, January 19, 2-3p CT<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYrd-qqqTIoG9RgzYoSl_cQzqZTF72LjKHt__;!!HXCxUKc!zlty2YS9T6W4g0zfNatuRJIUkp-kum3uxVdlLqpIU-6oLak7FcvcgIF71-oqXtDwy0PDXD257Gh7I5WDtDYWtHw$> or Thursday, February 16, 6-7p CT<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIkceCgrDwpEtAmG2ANYVuFo_PTv7KLNZ5Q__;!!HXCxUKc!zlty2YS9T6W4g0zfNatuRJIUkp-kum3uxVdlLqpIU-6oLak7FcvcgIF71-oqXtDwy0PDXD257Gh7I5WDuBAS19o$> (click date to register).

All farmers are encouraged to apply, and one third of the cohort is reserved for farmers that identify as women. Preference is given to women, BIPOC, and currently farming applicants in IA, IL, IN, MI, MN and WI. Should you have any questions or difficulty submitting your application, please contact Midwest GRIT Program Manager Christine Johnson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or by phone at 847-971-3092.

Cheers to dynamic new year & growing season,
Christine Johnson
-
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.midwestgrit.org/__;!!HXCxUKc!zlty2YS9T6W4g0zfNatuRJIUkp-kum3uxVdlLqpIU-6oLak7FcvcgIF71-oqXtDwy0PDXD257Gh7I5WDjRGvz7o$>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]