Please share

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Williams, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 14 December 2022 at 10:02:15 pm GMT+1
To: Bo Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Subject: Share with RM-SIG AIB Free CARMA Live Online Short Courses Opportunity on January 3-6, Registration Deadline is Dec. 21st!

Bo and Catherine:  Greetings, hope you are well as the holidays thankfully arrive.   We have openings in our upcoming Live Online Short Courses, so we are using some to extend a special welcome to new Affiliate Members.  We would like to extend this offer to AIB members, especially those from RM-SIG.  I apologize for the short notice, but if you can make some of the info in the following email available through whatever means you have available (email, social media), we would welcome your colleagues’ involvement with us in a few weeks.   Even if you can share it among your personal network of fellow faculty or students, that would be great.  Thanks, best for the holidays!  Larry

[https://files.constantcontact.com/74253a4e401/ef4d7d0d-c927-48b9-b714-e9073b59fb5c.jpg]

December 14, 2022

[https://files.constantcontact.com/74253a4e401/35b08132-e888-4e68-b0a7-52cd9819eb0f.jpg]

Greetings from CARMA!

We are very happy to have Academy of International Business as a new member of our CARMA Affiliate Programs. These programs are offered in partnership with professional associations more information about these programs can be found on our CARMA Website.<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/mpMdCQnMBZf6KrJ9qhM939N?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

To welcome our new members from AIB we are offering to you a small number of FREE COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATIONS for three of our upcoming CARMA Live Online Short Courses. Each course lasts five hours per day for four days, Tuesday January 3 through Friday January 6. Since these courses are held concurrently, you can only register for one course.

Our Short Courses can be accessed live during waking hours from many regions around the world, including:

U.S. ET | 10 AM – 3 PM
U.K. GMT | 3 PM – 8 PM
Israel IST | 5 PM – 10 PM
Africa CAT | 5 PM – 10 PM

To register for the course, please send an email to "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" indicating the one course you want to take by December 21st.

Short Courses description and preview videos can be found below.

[https://files.constantcontact.com/74253a4e401/2de79cde-81ad-4f48-91d4-cb9fdfb6a248.png]

Introduction to SEM with LAVAAN – Dr. Robert Vandenberg, University of Georgia<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/mgSpCVARKgClE9zXKTQmxTb?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

This introductory course requires no previous knowledge of structural equation modeling (SEM), but participants should possess a strong understanding of regression AND have understanding about the basic data handling functions using R. All illustrations and in-class exercises will make use of the R LAVAAN package, and participants will be expected to have LAVAAN installed on their laptop computers prior to beginning of the course. No course time will be spent going over basic R data handling and installing the LAVAAN package. The course will start with an overview of the principals underlying SEM. Subsequently, we move into measurement model evaluation including confirmatory factor analysis (CFA). Time will be spent on interpreting the parameter estimates and comparing competing measurement models for correlated constructs. We will then move onto path model evaluation where paths representing “causal” relations are placed between the latent variables. Again, time will be spent on interpreting the various parameter estimates and determining whether the path models add anything above their underlying measurement models. If time permits, longitudinal models will be introduced.

Watch the Preview Video<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/83ZPCWLVXkUjQGNxYHp3zRd?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

Advanced Data Analysis with R – Dr. Justin DeSimone, The University of Alabama<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/3dfHCXLW2mUng0kGNs7CDx8?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

This short course will begin with an introduction to linear regression analysis with R, including models for single/multiple predictors and model comparison techniques. Particular attention will be paid to using regression to test models involving mediation and moderation, followed by consideration of advanced topics including multivariate regression, use of polynomial regression, logistic regression, and the general linear model. Exploratory factor analysis and MANOVA will also be covered. For all topics, examples will be discussed and assignments completed using either data provided by the instructor or by the short course participants.

Watch the Preview Video<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/TU8KCYW8Noc3vOjgZfjmESC?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis in R – Dr. Ernest O’Boyle, Indiana University<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/jK1SCZY1NqiMw2XxRfMVFHd?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

Meta-analyses have now become a staple of research in the organizational sciences. Their purpose is to summarize and clarify the extant literature through systematic and transparent means. Meta-analyses help answer long-standing questions, address existing debates, and highlight opportunities for future research. Despite their prominence, knowledge and expertise in meta-analysis is still restricted to a relatively small group of scholars. This short course is intended to expand that group by familiarizing individuals with the key concepts and procedures of meta-analysis with a practical focus. Specifically, the goal is to provide the necessary tools to conduct and publish a meta-analysis/systematic review using best practices. We will cover how to; (a) develop research questions that can be addressed with meta-analysis, (b) conduct a thorough search of the literature, (c) provide accurate and reliable coding, (d) correct for various statistical artifacts, and (e) analyze bivariate relationships (e.g., correlations, mean differences) as well as multivariate ones using meta-regression and meta-SEM. The course is introductory, so no formal training in meta-analysis is needed. Familiarity with some basic statistical concepts such as sampling error, correlation, and variation is sufficient.

Watch the Preview Video<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xp73C1WLPxcp05LOmIA-jZw?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

CARMA | [log in to unmask]

[Facebook]‌ <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DBY-C2xMQzik4O06GUptpl1?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com> [Twitter] ‌ <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Du7gC3QNPBimP0WxMf9Fbet?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com> [LinkedIn] ‌ <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BssnC4QOPEiJn3R6WsoRgeX?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com> [Instagram] ‌ <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FmM6C5QPXJi0z4wRKhwhQkm?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com> [YouTube] ‌ <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FLNyC6XQ4Lfog8ZM9HNwd2w?domain=nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com>

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
---
You must be an active AIB member to post to AIB-L .  AIB-L has a moderator which checks messages for basic relevance. However, AIB does not edit or screen messages for accuracy or reliability of content.  All subscribers are recommended to perform their own due-diligence before responding to any requests or calls. AIB accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.