The editor-in-chief and deputy editor of the Journal of International Business Policy (JIBP), Sarianna Lundan and Ari Van Assche, invite you to join us on December 8 for our inaugural Professional Development Workshop (PDW) in Oslo, Norway, as part of the pre-conference program for the 2022 European International Business Association Annual Meeting. In this PDW, several prominent JIBP editors will discuss the emerging field of international business policy with the aim of collectively developing promising avenues for future research. We will provide pointers how to steer a policy turn in international business research and provide advice on how to publish in the Journal of International Business Policy.

Who is This Event For?

The PDW is open to all scholars who want to engage in conducting policy-relevant international business research. We particularly encourage participation by young scholars who are unfamiliar with the publication process, from established scholars who want to conduct a policy turn in their international business research, and from scholars who are trained in disciplines less commonly associated with the field of international business (e.g.,  geography, political science or economics) but are interested in targeting international business journals.

How is This Event Structured?

The PDW uses an interactive panel format to discuss four questions:

  1.  What is international business policy research?
  2.  How to steer a policy turn in international business research?
  3.  How to get published in the Journal of International Business Policy?
  4.  How to interact with policymakers?

After the panel discussion, the senior editors will be paired with small groups of participants to brainstorm on research ideas and discuss advanced papers.

How Can I Register for the Workshop?

Pre-registration for the JIBP PDW is required by November 1, 2022 and can be done by e-mailing [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Spaces will be limited. All participants are expected to have registered for the 2022 EIBA Conference.

Who do I contact if I have questions?

Please contact Ari Van Assche (deputy editor) if you have any questions about our PDW: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
[HEC]<http://www.hec.ca/>
Ari Van Assche, Ph.D.

Pensons à l'environnement