Weekly Happenings

WELCOME BACK! We are looking forward to a successful and fun new semester! All Hospitality students are welcome to attend events and club meetings.

Week of September 5 - September 9

Important Events

HA Open House

The Hospitality Association is an umbrella organization for 8 clubs and 3 events in The School of Hospitality Business. The Open House will allow you to meet the clubs and sign up on the spot. Additionally, each week we will send a newsletter about club/event activities and ways you can get involved.

HA Open House is next Wednesday at 7 PM! Join us for a chance to learn more about each of our 8 clubs and 3 events within The School.

REQUIRED FRESHMAN HOSPITALITY BUSINESS ORIENTATION

When: Thursday, September 15, 2022, 5:00 PM
Where: Eppley Center 4th Floor

Come enjoy free food and learn all about The School of Hospitality Business!
  • Meet your professors
  • Academic and career services
  • Scholarships
  • Competitions and travel and much more!

CAREER EXPO

Fall Edition

Monday, October 17, 2022, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Career Fair at Breslin Center

Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Interviews on the 4th floor of Spartan Stadium

CAREER EXPO is a long-standing career fair for The School of Hospitality Business. The career fair connects top hospitality industry employers to you!

This year, CAREER EXPO is fully in person. Save the dates!

Welcome back, HB! Destination Auction is the premier fundraising event to support the Hospitality Association and its comprising clubs. Visit us at HA Open House to find out how you can get involved!

Club Updates

Hospitality and Lodging Club

The Hospitality and Lodging Club provides a unique opportunity to experience first-hand and learn about hospitality outside of the classroom. We will focus broadly on the hospitality industry, often placing a focus on the lodging segment, its current trends, and hotels/resorts that are on the rise. Join us for meetings with industry professionals, hotel site tours, hotel hotspots, and food!

First Meeting: Wednesday, September 14th, 5:00 PM

Location: TBD room in the Business College Complex

Please email hlc[log in to unmask] for more information.

HLC Website
Club Managers Association of America

Visit CMAA Website to learn more about the organization. Stay tuned for event announcements!

CMAA Website

Real Estate Investment Club

General Meeting

When: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 6:00 PM.

Where: TBA

Keep an eye out for emails being sent out by REIC this past week with helpful information from the E-board.

REIC Website

Meetings and Events Club

General Meeting

When: Monday, September 12, 2022 at 6:00 PM.

Where: BCC Room N105

Welcome back, Spartans! Join us for our first general meeting on Monday, September 12th at 6pm in the BCC room N105! Sign up for membership online on our newly renovated website!

MEC Website
ETA Sigma Delta

Is Eta Sigma Delta the co-ed honor society for you? Join us for the first general meeting on September 12 at 5:00 PM, location to come. Also, don't forget to visit us at HA Open House to hear about the exciting activities, workshops, and trips planned for the upcoming semester!

ESD Website
National Society of Minorities in Hospitality

Visit NSMH website to learn more about upcoming events. Follow NSMH on social media and stay tuned!

NSMH Website

Spartan Business Golf Club

Drop by the SBGC table at HA Open House to hear more about our events for the school year!

Society for Hospitality & Food Service Management

General Meeting

When: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM.

Where: Kellogg Room L73

To kick off the school year, SHFM will be hosting our welcome meeting on September 13th at 5 pm in the Kellogg Room L73. It will be a great time to learn more about their events and meet like-minded students! They will also be at the HA Open House on September 7th at 7 pm. Come hungry - food and fun activities will be provided!

SHFM Website

created in Publicate

[log in to unmask]" class="EmojiInsert" width="89" height="103" style="max-width:100%; width:89px; height:103px" data-outlook-trace="F:1|T:1" src="cid:aada94ac-db69-4bf6-81c3-86f89c90f577">

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170